Darksiders Warmastered Edition confirmed for Oct. 25 launch for PC and Xbox One
Nordic Games has now confirmed previous reports that it will release Darksiders Warmastered Edition. The graphically revamped version of the action-adventure game is coming on October 25 for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Wii U.
In their press release, Nordic Games admitted that news of Darksiders Warmastered Edition got out on the internet ahead of schedule:
Darksiders was first released by developer Vigil Games and publisher THQ in 2010 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. For those if you unfamiliar with the game, the player controls War, one of the Four Horseman of the Apoaclyse, as he seeks vengence against those who tricked him into bringing about the end of the world:
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthlyweapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War's fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons,unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way - from war-weary angelic forces to Hell's hideous demon hordes
For the upcoming Warmastered Edition, Nordic Games will be offering these new features:
- Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- 4k support and additional video options for PC
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for WiiU)
Darksiders Warmastered Edition will have a price of $19.99 when it is released.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.