A new BIOS update is now available for the Dell XPS 13 (9360) that should bring greater battery life, among other changes. According to Dell, you should see up to 14% better battery life in local and streaming video playback as a result of offloading the audio processing from the CPU to the digital signal processor.
Here's a full look at the changes in the XPS 13 9360 1.2.3 BIOS update:
- Fixed System may hand at DELL logo while resume from System hibernation
- Fixed Dell Thunderbolt Dock may lost during Cold Boot \ Cold Boot
- Add support for Audio Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Fixed system may not able to boot ( Need to Press power button few times ) after dirty shutdown
- Fixed no "safe remove" on taskbar when plug-in USB key to right USB port
Once installed, you should start seeing improved battery life while streaming from Netflix or through the Movies & TV app. If you'd like to check it out, you can grab the 1.2.3 BIOS update for the XPS 13 (9360) from Dell now. Though it's not required, Dell also recommends grabbing the latest audio driver as well.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.