Despicable Me: Minion Rush gets a huge update today for Windows Phone, Windows 8
If you’re a fan of the popular endless runner Minion Rush, we have some good news for you as version 220.127.116.11 has gone live in the Store for both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. The fun pint sized game (50 MB) from Gameloft has been kicking on Windows Phone for a while, but today’s update is quite the doozy. It even has a changelog!
Let’s see what’s new.
Despicable Me: Minion Rush (Windows Phone/Windows 8)
- The Minions are ready for new adventures! Check out a fun new environment, a new mini-game, a new costume and more in this exciting update for Despicable Me: Minion Rush!
- New Environment: Discover the secrets of the Anti-Villain League from Despicable Me 2.
- New Mini-Game: Unlock a new Power-Up and get ready for a Mission to the Moon!
- New Costume: Run dressed as a Starfish Minion!
- More Challenges: Compete against friends from your country in the new local leaderboards, and participate in daily contests to win prizes!
- Revamped Main Menu: Receive notifications to never miss an event!
- Overall bug fixes and optimizations.
That sounds like a lot of fun to us, and there’s even a new Tile/icon for the game to reflect those changes.
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush – Windows Phone 8 – 50 MB – Free – Store Link
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush – 8 – 141 MB – Free – Store Link (opens in new tab)
Thanks, Pranjal R., for the tip!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
lenovo yoga 11s such as mega minion forces me to tilt my laptop.