Disney and Microsoft seem to be hitting it off well as every week we’re seeing more and more games arrive on Windows Phone and Windows 8 from the famous studio. Just last week Wreck it Ralph arrived for Windows Phone and Temple Run: Oz before that. This week it’s the more timely Monsters University.
Based off of the hit summer movie and weighing in at 82 MB, the 99 cent game looks to be quite a blast on Windows Phone. Featuring HD cut scenes right from the film, Monsters University features two “exciting mini games”, like “Catch Archie” (think Temple Run but at an angle and you ride a pig) and “Toxicity Challenge”. Each game has a tutorial, but if you played Temple Run before, you’ll pick it right up.
Check out what the game is all about after the break in our hands on video.
You can unlock characters and use your collected coins to buy powerups too, and while some of the gameplay may be repetitive, overall the graphics are quite impressive.
The game has some lengthy loads times and will only work on 1 GB devices (sorry, folks) but overall for 99 cents it seems like quite a fun adventure. It even comes with a fancy doublewide Live Tile, though we haven’t seen it flip around just yet. The settings are quite basic, however you do get selective control over music and sound effects.
Monsters University description
- Get a hold of Archie the Scare Pig, the squealing mascot of Monsters University’s rival school, Fear Tech, in this thrilling mini game!
- Chase Archie in 30 exciting stages, and tire him out to win each stage!
- Jump, slide, and dodge tricky obstacles throughout campus!
- Compete in the first scare game event of the year, and put your agility skills to the test!
- Race against the clock, and run through the sewers before time runs out.
- Watch out for the stinging glow urchins that will sting and slow you down throughout all 30 stages!
Other Monstrous Features:
- Play as 3 of your favorite monsters: Mike, Sulley, and Squishy.
- Level up to unlock special power-ups!
- Find and collect Scare Cards featuring famous monsters.
- The Scare Games continue soon with updates that will include more characters and new mini games based on the other events!
Overall, Monsters University looks to be a lot of fun and while the game costs 99 cents with no free trial, as you can see from our hands on video above, it seems well worth the dollar.
Pick up Disney’s Monsters University here in the Store (or scan the QR code below). Windows Phone 8 only, 99 cents, 1GB of RAM required
Thanks, M C, for the tip
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
The games on Xbox Cloud Gaming that need touch controls
Minecraft Dungeons proved that touch controls and cloud streaming games can work, so we put together a list of the games we think need touch controls as soon as possible.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.