Set to hit Steam Early Access on December 14, Dodgeball Rising will pit players in three-on-three dodgeball battles with a selection of characters that can't be called anything less than diverse. Ninjas, sumo wrestlers, and sushi chefs are all playable to play, each of which has a different set of skills.
As far as the game's story is concerned, Dodgeball Rising is set in Japan's Edo Period, which from between 1603 and 1868. Swords and duels have been banned by the government, so conflicts are now settled with intense games of dodgeball. According to developer Asakusa Studios and publisher Happinet, here's a look at what players can expect:
- A Remarkable Roster: Choose from 11 unique Dodgeball warriors from all walks of life -- each with different playstyles and skillsets, including Samurai, Ninja, Sushi Chefs, Kabuki Entertainers, Sumo Wrestlers, and more!
- Become a Hero: Using the different stats, play styles and unique skills of each character, you can become a hero with your own distinctive play style.
- Various Offensive Actions: Work with teammates for consecutive shots, tricks, slow shots and other moves to surprise your opponents and keep them on their toes.
- Arcade Mode: Enter the Ultimate Imperial Dodgeball Tournament in this single player mode, and unique story for each character.
- Simple Rules: Victory is defined simply by taking down your opponents. Outlast your opponents by playing well on the court.
- Offline and Online Multiplayer: The game can be played locally or online with up to 6 players. AI players can be called in to fill empty slots.
- Amazing Specials: Build up your Rising Gauge to unleash a variety of over-the-top special moves and attacks to defeat your opponents.
With over-the-top visual effects and an anime-esque aesthetic, Dodgeball Rising certainly looks like it will be unique. For more, check out Dodgeball Rising on Steam, where you can expect to see the game hit Early Access on December 14.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.