Set to hit Steam Early Access on December 14, Dodgeball Rising will pit players in three-on-three dodgeball battles with a selection of characters that can't be called anything less than diverse. Ninjas, sumo wrestlers, and sushi chefs are all playable to play, each of which has a different set of skills.
As far as the game's story is concerned, Dodgeball Rising is set in Japan's Edo Period, which from between 1603 and 1868. Swords and duels have been banned by the government, so conflicts are now settled with intense games of dodgeball. According to developer Asakusa Studios and publisher Happinet, here's a look at what players can expect:
- A Remarkable Roster: Choose from 11 unique Dodgeball warriors from all walks of life -- each with different playstyles and skillsets, including Samurai, Ninja, Sushi Chefs, Kabuki Entertainers, Sumo Wrestlers, and more!
- Become a Hero: Using the different stats, play styles and unique skills of each character, you can become a hero with your own distinctive play style.
- Various Offensive Actions: Work with teammates for consecutive shots, tricks, slow shots and other moves to surprise your opponents and keep them on their toes.
- Arcade Mode: Enter the Ultimate Imperial Dodgeball Tournament in this single player mode, and unique story for each character.
- Simple Rules: Victory is defined simply by taking down your opponents. Outlast your opponents by playing well on the court.
- Offline and Online Multiplayer: The game can be played locally or online with up to 6 players. AI players can be called in to fill empty slots.
- Amazing Specials: Build up your Rising Gauge to unleash a variety of over-the-top special moves and attacks to defeat your opponents.
With over-the-top visual effects and an anime-esque aesthetic, Dodgeball Rising certainly looks like it will be unique. For more, check out Dodgeball Rising on Steam, where you can expect to see the game hit Early Access on December 14.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Review: Sabrent's Rocket Q SSDs are fast, well-priced and go up to 4TB
Sabrent has a new SSD range available in the form of the Rocket Q. These new NVMe SSDs use QLC NAND, but offer impressive speeds and storage capacities at affordable prices. Check our full review to see how they compare against other SSDs.
Review: How do I go back to Wi-Fi 5 after using TP-Link's Archer AX6000?
TP-Link's Archer AX6000 is an 802.11ax router designed to take your network into the future. However, it might not be exactly what you're looking for due to its high-end specs and relatively high price. We explain in this review.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!