Star Wars Battlefront II has had its fair share of issues since launch. Initially, the game was panned for its pay-to-win microtransaction model, and then delayed updates irked numerous consumers. Luckily, EA posted a roadmap of future content which should hit the game relatively soon. There are a lot of exciting changes coming in the near future!
Some of the upcoming changes are listed below.
- New "Hero Starfighters" mode focused on hero ship battles.
- Heroes will be able to turn their lightsabers on and off.
- Clone Trooper skins.
- New emotes and victory poses.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous will join the game.
- New large-scale mode with even more players.
- New squad system.
- Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku will join the game.
- Geonosis will be added as a new location.
It's great to see the company improve Star Wars Battlefront II long after release. Hopefully the upcoming content will bring back players who abandoned the title many months ago.
Additionally, Star Wars Battlefront II runs between 2160p to 1800p resolution on Xbox One X, while only 1440p to 1296p on PlayStation 4 Pro. This gives the Xbox One X version a significant advantage in terms of clarity that we just don't get on Sony's machine. Aside from that — despite not being revolutionary changes — the Xbox One X version features better textures, better texture filtering, and higher-resolution reflections.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.