What you need to know
- Today, EA hosted its quarterly earnings call.
- The company announced a number of new projects like Battlefield and Star Wars.
- Apex Legends has also crossed 70 million players.
- Unfortunately, NBA Live 20 has been canceled probably due to poor franchise sales.
Today, EA hosted its quarterly earnings call in which it discussed a number of topics ranging from Apex Legends to, what we assume, is Battlefield 6. However, there was some not-so-great news in there like the cancellation of NBA Live 20 which has a hard time competing with the NBA 2K franchise from 2K Games. You can read about all of the major announcements below.
- Apex Legends now has been played by over 70 million players.
- NBA Live 20 has been canceled because the franchise wasn't doing too well.
- A new Battlefield game is in development and may launch in late 2021.
- Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II have sold over 33 million units.
- The new Dragon Age game may not launch until late 2022.
- A new Star Wars game is in development, but it may not launch until 2021 or early 2022. It's unclear if this is Star Wars Battlefront III or another adventure game like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- A new franchise is in the works at Motive Studios.
- BioWare, Criterion, DICE, and Maxis are working on new projects. It's unclear if this refers to new games beyond Dragon Age 4 or a return to SimCity.
- New EA Originals like Unravel are in development.
- Remasters of fan-favorite games are coming too in 2020 or 2021.
While the wait for many of these games will be massive, there are a lot of exciting projects in the works at EA. We're mostly excited to find out what the new Battlefield and Star Wars games are all about. Additionally, let's hope that the company brings back the SimCity franchise because we're missing it a lot. What do you want to see out of EA in the next few years? Let us know.
The earnings call also mentioned games like Anthem and how the team plans to improve the experience. However, it's unclear if those improvements will roll out anytime soon because it's been months since the game launched.
Find the Force
Don't stand out
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is EA's first story-driven Star Wars action game, following the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. From Respawn Entertainment of Titanfall and Apex Legends fame, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be an unmissable experience for series fans on Xbox One.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Kazuhisa Hashimoto, creator of the well-known Konami Code, has passed away
Kazuhisa Hashimoto, the creator of the Konami Code, has died. Konami confirmed the news on Twitter. Kazuhisa Hashimoto was 61 years old when he passed on.
Surface Duo peek view shown off in a leaked video
A new video shows off a feature for the Surface Duo that allows you to quickly peek at contents. The feature allows you to see the date and notifications in a sliver on the screen when you partially open the device.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC listing appears on Amazon France
A listing for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC showed up on Amazon France earlier today, further fueling the rumors that Sony will begin putting some of its larger games on PC, starting with Horizon Zero Dawn.
Enhance your Xbox games with these compatible mice
With native Xbox One mouse and keyboard support, securing the right pointer could enhance your experience across a growing list of compatible titles.