When you compare the Windows Phone ecosystem to iOS and Android you’ll find that we have most of the major apps. However, our apps don’t get updated as much as we’d like. Which is why we get pretty excited when apps like eBay get updated. That just happened, so let’s check out what’s new with eBay on Windows Phone.
Head into the Store and you’ll see eBay sitting pretty at version 188.8.131.52. We last reported on eBay in late January when we learned the company had plans to update their Windows Phone app. The update was due in March, but as you know its late April. Still, an update is an update and this one looks to be pretty big.
Of course eBay would forgo on a proper changelog, even after our public plea yesterday. So we’re flying blind here checking for new features. You will notice that the entire interface has been revamped. Gone is the black layout from yesteryear. Update the eBay app and you’ll find a fresh new white layout that brings it more in line with the Android and iOS.
Here’s the full list of features listed in the eBay’s description:
- Searching made easy! Use our refinement carousel to find the exact item you want, at the price you want.
- Need more filtering options? A quick swipe from the right side will bring up our complete list of advanced search options.
- Browse Daily Deals or your personalized eBay feed right from the home screen!
- Find what you like? Hit the Buy it Now button and make your purchase straight from the app.
- Want to try an auction instead? Bid with confidence knowing our improved notifications will notify you when you've been outbid or an item is ending.
- Shop globally! You can change your eBay site in Settings, giving you access to eBay markets all over the world.
- Receive notifications when your purchases have sent, and track with ease.
- Pin an item as a Live Tile and track its status on your phone's home screen!
- Review a seller's profile and Feedback, allowing you to shop with confidence.
- List your own items to sell, auction, or both!
- And much, much more!
Play around with the new eBay app and let us know all the new features you find! Download it from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Thanks for the heads up Madelena!
Microsoft brings Android OS development for Surface Duo in-house
Microsoft is forming a team internally under the Microsoft Devices division that will handle the development of Android for Surface Duo going forward. Up until now, Microsoft had contracted the OS work out to third-party vendors such as Movial, who had the expertise required to bring Android to life on Surface Duo. Now, Microsoft is bringing that work in-house.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.