What you need to know
- EA has announced F1 2021, the latest installment in the F1 racing series from Codemasters.
- This is the first F1 game that EA has published after it acquired Codemasters.
- F1 2021 is heading to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC on July 16, 2021.
- F1 2021 will include a brand-new story mode, an expanded Career mode, three new tracks, and more.
It feels like F1 2020 didn't release that long ago, but it's already time to announce the next entry in the long-running F1 racing franchise. Today, EA is announcing F1 2021, making this the first F1 game that EA has published since EA acquired Codemasters. As expected, F1 2021 will continue to build on the F1 formula with a handful of key changes and new features.
Some of the new features in F1 2021 include:
- A brand-new story mode, which begins players at the Formula 2 level and has them rise to fame and stardom in Formula 1
- An expanded Career mode that introduces a new 2-player option. Players can either play competitively or in co-op in online multiplayer in F1's iconic Career mode
- Career mode is also introducing a new Real-Season Start, when enables players to begin anywhere they want in the season with real-time standings
- Three new tracks, including Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah
- Other new features and improvements
The most notable change in F1 2021 this time around is the arrival on next-gen consoles. F1 2021 is the first in the series to come to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PS5 with visual enhancements and considerably faster loading speeds. F1 2021 will also support Xbox Smart Delivery and deliver a free next-gen update to PlayStation players who upgrade to PS5. Of course, F1 2021 is also heading to Xbox One, PS4, and PC, as well as next-gen consoles.
F1 2021 officially releases on July 16, 2021. Players can pre-order the F1 2021 Digital Deluxe Edition for a selection of in-game content and three days early access to F1 2021. The F1 series is a mainstay for our list of best racing games on Xbox, so it's pretty safe to say that F1 2021 will be joining that list before too long.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.