What you need to know
- The Falconeer is a gorgeous aerial combat game from Tomas Sala, and is currently available for Xbox and PC.
- On Aug. 5, 2021, The Falconeer comes to PlayStation and Nintendo Switch with the all-inclusive Warrior Edition.
- Simultaneously, The Falconeer will launch its new 'Edge of the World' DLC for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
- 'Edge of the World' contains three new mini-campaigns, nine new levels, two new mounts, a new weapon, and much more.
One of the more interesting Xbox console exclusives to launch last year was The Falconeer, an absolutely gorgeous aerial combat game from single developer Tomas Sala, which sets players on the back of several legendary flying mounts to fight across varied landscapes. The Falconeer has enjoyed decent post-launch support since its initial release, and is now preparing to launch its biggest DLC yet. Edge of the World expands the world of The Falconeer, and it's heading to Xbox and PC on Aug. 5, 2021.
You can check out the Xbox and PC announcement trailer for the Edge of the World DLC, and read more about the upcoming expansion, down below.
The Edge of the World DLC for The Falconeer adds a ton of new content to this intriguing dogfighting adventure game, and may give players a reason to return (or play for the first time). Some of the highlighting features of Edge of the World include:
- Three new mini-campaigns with a total of nine new missions between them, including:
- Visiting the exotic Mongress Mawsprings
- Investigating long-lost expeditions through ancient ruins
- Recovering an ancient relic from the grasp of an ominous threat
- Take flight on two new Legendary Ace classes, complete with new mounts, including:
- The Arbiter, which flies with a Fenix
- The Corsair, which flies with a Pteron
- Use a new weapon with the Imperial Shocklance, which deals electric area-of-effect damage to multiple enemies
- Take advantage of a newly increased level cap, which rises from 20 to 24
The Edge of the World DLC for The Falconeer releases on Aug. 5 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and PC, and will retail for $8 USD. You can play The Falconeer through Xbox Game Pass right now if you want to experience the base game, and even grab a nice discount on DLC. Edge of the World is also coming to PlayStation and Switch devices, but will be included in the Warrior Edition when it launches on Aug. 5.
With several post-launch updates and an imminent major expansion, The Falconeer stands a chance of being elevated to our list of best Xbox games.
Falcons and dragons
Now with optional dragons.
The Falconeer is a gorgeous Xbox console exclusive that looks and plays wonderfully on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Xbox One consoles, and arrives on PlayStation and Switch later this year. At the same time, expand your reach in The Falconeer with the new Edge of the World DLC, which launches on Aug. 5, 2021.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. The base game of The Falconeer is available through Xbox Game Pass, with a discount available for its DLC.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.