A free, ad-supported version of Zynga's classic mobile game Draw Something is now available for all Windows Phone owners, a couple of years after a free version was made available for owners of Lumia smartphones.
Zynga released a $2.99 ad-free version of Draw Something nearly two years ago for all Windows Phone devices but it also released a free, ad supported version that was limited just to Lumia phones. A few days ago, Zynga quietly released a new free version of Draw Something in the Windows Phone Store, again supported by ads, but this one can now be played on any Windows 8 and 8.1 smartphone.
Just in case you are not familiar with the game, here's a quick list of its features:
- Challenge friends on Facebook, or be automatically partnered with new gaming buddies.
- No Drawing Skills Required! Stick figures and a sense of humor are welcome! Just wiggle you finger to create a doodle masterpiece!
- Color Craze - Over 50 Vibrant Colors! Turn simple doodles into rich masterpieces with color packs.
- Turn-based Gameplay Perfect for gamers-on-the-go! Take turns drawing and guessing at your own pace.
- Leaderboard Rally back and forth with friends for the most "Turns."
- Bombs Stumped by a difficult word? Simplify it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb.
- Push Notifications Be alerted when it's your turn to draw or guess.
Will you be checking out the free version of Draw Something? Thanks to Gaurav Paul via Twitter for the tip!