What you need to know
- The Razer Kishi is one of the best mobile game controllers currently available.
- On Wednesday, Razer announced the Kishi V2 for Android, and updated controller with a host of improvements.
- The new version features updated control mechanisms, new buttons and customizability, and greater device compatibility.
- The Razer Kishi V2 for Android is available starting today, with an iOS version arriving later this year.
As mobile devices become increasingly more capable, mobile games are able to further blur the line between them and "full" console and PC games. Many players take advantage of an expanding lineup of mobile game controllers to get the most out of their phone, and Razer has offered one of the best for a while.
On Wednesday, Razer officially announced the Kishi V2, an updated version of the excellent Razer Kishi released almost exactly two years ago. The new controller features a host of improvements over its predecessor to entice new gamers and existing owners, and aims to raise the bar once again for the best mobile gaming controllers.
Some of the improvements featured in the Razer Kishi V2 include:
- A more ergonomic and comfortable design
- Greater device compatibility through its USB Type-C port
- Improved "microswitch" controls inspired by the Razer Wolverine V2 Xbox controller
- Two customizable multifunction buttons
- New "Share" and "Razer Nexus" buttons to record game clips or screenshots, or launch the new Razer Nexus mobile app
- New Razer Nexus app, replacing the older Kishi app, with game launcher features, streaming capabilities, and customizable settings for the Kishi V2
The Razer Kishi V2 looks to be an excellent companion for Xbox Cloud Gaming users, although we'll have to wait until we get our hands on the product to see if its touted improvements really do deliver on their promises. The Android version of the Kishi V2 is now available to purchase from Razer and other authorized retailers for $100, with an iOS version slated for release in Fall 2022.
The critically-acclaimed Razer Kishi is returning with a vastly improved V2 model, which features improved ergonomics, superior device compatibility, and even better controls. The Android version is available now, with an iOS version coming later this year.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.