Motiga, the team behind Gigantic, an upcoming shooter MOBA for Xbox One and Windows 10, has taken to its blog to give players a look ahead at its future plans for the game, including a new beta build that will land in early 2016. Motiga says it will invite thousands of more players to the closed beta early next year alongside the release of a new beta build that will bring some big improvements and additions to the game:
- Improved matchmaking algorithms that do a better job creating balanced teams. (Of course, this will mean longer wait times for you if you use the new party mechanics to make a super-team. We don't want you core guys steamrolling new players!)
- Major changes to the way power is generated for Guardians for more interesting and competitive matches. We've focused the game on active play by rewarding more power from kills and a new power orb mechanic and less on passive factors like power generation from creatures.
- Big content updates, including a second map (Sanctum Falls, formerly known as "MistForge"), a new hero, and a new summonable creature. The naga guardian Grenn will also be showing off new and improved visuals and abilities.
- The first parts of our account progression system, where we're working to make it fun to earn and unlock rewards as you play. This version is just a first iteration, but I think you'll see we've designed a reward system that is fun and complements the overall play experience.
- Numerous gameplay adjustments to improve playability. This includes a lot of work to bring joy back into moving around in Gigantic, with reduced stamina costs for sprinting, the removal of penalties for jumping when out of stamina, and much simpler, cleaner collision in our maps.
Much more content is planned throughout 2016 as work continues on Gigantic. This update, of course, follows news that Motiga had to delay the release of the game to 2016 alongside some layoffs, and there's no word on an exact launch date just yet. However, if you're looking forward to getting a taste of the game prior to launch, you may just get a chance to with the expanded closed beta.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Give your sim racing game a lift with one of these great sets of pedals
A good set of pedals is a crucial part of any sim racing setup, and thankfully you don't have to spend a small fortune to get something special. Whether you're a beginner, more advanced, looking to spend a little or money is no object, there's a set of pedals that's right for you.