For those on the Fast Ring who love using Groove Music, you are in for a big update tonight. Version 3.6.2386.0 should be hitting the Store in a few hours and with come many features that users have been asking for in the feedback app. There should be something for everyone with this update, which is only in the Fast Ring for now before going wider in a few weeks.
The news was announced by Microsoft's Ellen Kilbourne in a forum post.
Perhaps the biggest ability is users can now locally edit metadata right on their PC or phone. Metadata for albums has been a sore spot for many with users wanting to fill in the details themselves and now they can.
Other features include sorting by genre for curated playlists, top albums, and more in Explore.
Finally, there is the return of the thumbs up (or down) for Your Groove playlists and mute songs that you don't like in a generated playlist.
Here is the full changelog.
Groove Music 3.6.2386.0 (Fast Ring)
- You can now edit the metadata for music saved locally! Right-click on an album or song and choose Edit Info.
- You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists...all by GENRE!! It's available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE
- Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove
- You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist
- You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don't want to hear them anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.
Overall, this sounds like a fantastic update to Groove Music. The update should be live in a few hours.
- How to use Explore and Your Groove in Microsoft Groove
- Everything you need to know about the Groove music app on Windows 10
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.