What you need to know
- Grounded has crossed 5 million players across all platforms since launch.
- Today, the team at Obsidian Entertainment is releasing a major update adding the Koi Pond.
- Grounded has also received an Xbox Series X and S optimization patch.
Obsidian Entertainment's survival game Grounded launched back in July and has received numerous updates, with the latest adding the massive Koi Pond. In addition to this new content, Obsidian Entertainment shared today via Xbox Wire that Grounded has crossed 5 million players.
This comes after Grounded crossed a million players just two days after it launched. Grounded is being developed by just 14 people at the studio and as a result of this new milestone, an amusing bet has played out, which you can see below.
There is a story mode in Grounded, which is continuing to expand throughout the early access period. There's also an abundance of mysteries to explore, like the Hedge Lab.
Grounded is currently available in early access and a new patch allows the game to run at 60 FPS on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, which also launched today. This patch also brings significantly improved loading times, with Xbox Series X owners getting higher-quality shadows and further draw distances.
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
- Grounded: Everything You Need to Know
- Grounded: Is it good?
- Grounded: Beginner's Guide
- Grounded: List of creatures
- Get Grounded's best weapon
- Grounded: How to get the level 2 axe/hammer
Xbox Series X/S
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.