What you need to know
- Grounded is an open-world survival game currently in early access on Xbox and Windows.
- Today, Obsidian Entertainment is releasing the 0.8.1 patch update for Grounded's March Content Update.
- The patch includes a handful of bug fixes and general improvements, including for the brand-new Photo Mode.
- There are also some improvements to performance for building and viewing large structures.
Grounded is starting off the week with a brand-new patch update for the Grounded early access. The 0.8.1 patch update for Grounded is now rolling out to players, and includes a handful of fixes for the Grounded March Content Update. If you've been noticing any issues with the newly released Photo Mode or performance around large buildings, be sure to install this patch update as soon as possible to take advantage of the potential fixes.
Grounded is currently available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and PC. You can also play Grounded through Xbox Game Pass, where it has confidently secured its place as one of the best games on Xbox Game Pass.
The full changelog for the Grounded 0.8.1 patch update includes:
Top community issues
- Bases built on certain objects will no longer be considered "Unsupported" on load, and will not collapse after being modified
- Clients will no longer randomly fail to register melee and ranged attacks
- Reduced lag / hitching when looking at buildings in large bases
- Backpacks that fall through the world for clients will eventually resync back to the correct host position
- The Trail Marker for the BURG.L Quest: "Weed Killer Peak" will now be in the correct location if it already existed in your world
Items, equipment, & resources
- Stuffed insects can once again be placed on furniture
- Bees aren't as clumsy around flowers and thus will drop pollen less often
- Hoop's hair and other dangling pieces on chest armor should behave more appropriately in Photo Mode
- Hammer build icons are now included in the "Toggle Trail Marker and Backpack Icons" action
- The breath meter and the "Eat / Drink or Die" warning elements no longer get stuck on screen after respawning
- The "(Type) Tool Required" warning no longer overlaps the harvest resource name on the HUD
- Reverted the new day base music changes back to the night music to continue work on this for a future update
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.