Crazy Monkey Studios just announced a September 25th, 2015 Xbox One launch date for their popular PC side-scrolling shooter.
Guns, Gore and Cannoli features vibrant hand-drawn 2D graphics and riotous co-op shooting, tied together with a comedic 1920s gangster plot.
Crazy Monkey Studios describe Guns, Gore and Cannoli as follows:
- Epic Gangster Story: The game tells the story of Vinnie Cannoli and his mob family, set in the fictional Thugtown circa 1925, the height of prohibition. Beneath the city overrun by zombies, there's a dark story of conspiracy and betrayal. Unravel the sneaky mafia ways and government conspiracy while you try to look for your lost pal and for answers about the zombie-outbreak.
- Action-Packed Gameplay: Prepare yourself for a non-stop, action-packed, completely over-the-top, platform game where you have to fight, shoot, blast and kick your way through a deeply engrossing story. Not only will you have to take on the undead, but also rivaling gangsters and government officials.
- Beautifully hand-drawn 2d graphics and animations: Step into the atmospherical, shady world built by HD hand-drawn 2d graphics. Experience fluid animations and cinematic style cut-scenes.
- Immersive World and Period: Despite Prohibition and the imminent Depression, people are ready to drink themselves to (un)dead. Every inch of the game is like a picture straight from the Prohibition era. The cars, the furniture, the Speakeasy clubs, the music and the weaponry reflect the turbulent days of the roaring twenties.
- Co-op mode: Partner up with friends and unravel the mystery together.
Guns, Gore and Cannoli is a quirky mash-up of side-scrolling shooting, zombie action-horror and Mafia stereotypes. The game reviews very positively on both Metacritic and Steam, with users praising its combat, soundtrack and art direction. The Xbox One version features an all-new versus mode and 13 wacky free skins to compliment its tongue-in-cheek plot further. Sadly, for now, it seems that the multiplayer features are local-only.
Guns, Gore and Cannoli will hit the Xbox One store on September 25th, 2015. The game is currently available on PC, Mac and will eventually hit PS4 as well.
If you're interested in checking out the Steam version, it can be found here for a very reasonable £6.99 / $9.99.
Jez Corden is the Managing Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Looks very awesome, plus dat coop :)
Just another exploitation of the Italian American stereotype.
I'm buying it! Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
More games is always good. Especially when they fall into this price range. Ther are quite a few on my radar, I just have to sweet talk my wallet. Team 17's colour one (that may possibly be the lamest description ever by me), I forget the name. Forza 6, Star Wars Battlefront, Rainbow 6, Battleborn. Christmas could be very bleak for my kids this year.
Typo in the article title guys. 'Cannoilis'?
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.