Hike Messenger, a cross-platform messenger, has received a sizable update bringing a new interface, new chat themes, 500 member group chats and more, while Kik has received its first update in nearly three years. Starting with Hike, you are sure to notice things are different as soon as you launch the app. More than 17,000 lines of code have been changed, making it easier to navigate the app. A full list of changes in the Hike update include:
- BRAND NEW INTERFACE: In addition to literally re-writing hike from scratch (17,378 lines of code), we have changed our design language. The moment you update hike, you'll notice the brand new user interface. We've made it much easier and simpler to navigate your way around hike
- SHARE DOCUMENTS & FILES: Why email when you can send practically anything and everything on hike! Send unlimited amounts of all kinds of non media files and documents of any format like PDF, ZIP, Word (.DOC), PowerPoint (.PPT), Excel (.XLS), MP3's, Audio's and much more!
- 10 BRAND NEW CHAT THEMES: We've packed in 10 new awesome chat themes that you'll love!
- BIGGER ATTACHMENTS: Now you can share large files and videos of 100 MB at a time!
- 500 MEMBER GROUP CHATS: Create groups with up to 500 member so you can easily stay in touch with those who matter most!
- MULTIPLE ADMINS: You can now have multiple admins in your group chat
- BETTER GROUP ADMINS SETTING: Admins can now restrict the right to add members in the group to themselves
- MUTE INDIVIDUAL CHATS
- BUG FIXES
As for Kik, it received an update after nearly three years of being dormant. The update brings changes to the registration system process in an effort to reduce the amount of spam on the platform. You can grab both of these updates from the Windows Store now.
Via: Loveable Lumia
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.