If you enjoy your Minecraft from the comfort of a console, a new holiday update is here with a whole bunch of new stuff to check out. Included in version 1.10 of Minecraft for consoles are new mobs, blocks and items, along with some big changes to The End dimension.
Here's a look at all of what's new, from Mojang:
- New mobs: Shulker, Stray Skeleton, Husk Zombie, Skeleton Trap Horses
- New Blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block,
- Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab
- New Items: Chorus Fruit, Chorus Fruit, Dragons's Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Popped Chorus Fruit, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow; Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak boats
- New Status Effects: Levitation, Luck
- The End: significant changes to The End dimension – End Cities, End Ship
- Crafting: UI updated to allow crafting fireworks, similarly to how Banners are crafted
- Brewing: changed to include a slot for Blaze Powder
- Tutorial: new Tutorial world, including tutorials for Banners and Elytra
On top of the holiday update, you can now get in the spirit of the season with the Merry Bundle, which packs the Festive Mash-Up Pack, Skin Pack, and Battle Map for $7. And if you'd rather roam a wasteland instead, the new Fallout Mash-Up pack is also available for $6.
Interested? You can check out all of what's new by grabbing the 1.10 update on your console edition of Minecraft now.
See at the Xbox Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Looks like they are getting close to feature parity.
Yeah, after hitting 1.0 recently things are finally lining up.
anybody know of a good Fallout pack for the PC version?
Cool. Fallout and Minecraft, like chocolate and peanut butter.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.