How to add your Starbucks Card to your Microsoft Band
Despite there being no official app for Windows Phone, you are able to pay for your Starbucks beverages using your Microsoft Band. In fact, Microsoft even throws you a $5 gift card when you buy your Band so your first drink is free.
But it's not immediately obvious how you use it, especially if you just opened the box. But don't worry, it's incredibly simple and we're here to walk you through it.
Here's what you need to do:
- Open up the Microsoft Health app on your phone. The process is exactly the same whether you're using Windows Phone, iOS or Android.
- Tap the Band icon in the top right to open up the menu.
- Tap on "Manage Tiles."
- Scroll down until you see the Starbucks option.
- First, make sure the toggle for this tile is set to on.
- Tap on the pencil next to the Starbucks icon
- On the screen that opens up, simply enter the number from your Starbucks Card.
And that's all there is to it. There's no option to recharge the card with credit, but every time you want to pay at Starbucks with your card just tap on the tile on your Microsoft Band and you'll get a little barcode up on the display to scan. Oh, and that's not my actual Starbucks Card in the video!
For more Microsoft Band tips and tricks be sure to check out our dedicated page here
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Richard Devine is a Managing Editor at Windows Central with over a decade of experience. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently, you'll find him steering the site's coverage of all manner of PC hardware and reviews. Find him on Mastodon at mstdn.social/@richdevine