It's easy to set and change your banner and colors in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, but did you know there's an unofficial, but super-easy way to create your very own banner? Compared to the options provided in-game, there's plenty of scope here to do pretty much whatever you want.
Products used in this guide
- Become a butter lord: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (opens in new tab) ($40 at GMG)
How to make your custom banner
- Go to Reddit user Bizzfart's banner editor.
- Configure your own banner. (The instructions provided are pretty good. Keep in mind the crop line!)
- Copy the code provided.
How to apply your new banner in-game
TaleWorlds Entertainment disabled the ability to paste code into the banner screen, so we need to install a mod to re-activate this feature.
- Download the BannerPaste mod.
- Copy across the folder to your Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord install, inside the modules folder.
- Right-click the two DLL files within the mod folder you just copied across to the M&B install.
- Choose "Properties".
- Uncheck the block box to unblock them. (This is important, else Windows will prevent the files from loading and cause the game to crash.)
- Open up Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
- Activate the BannerPaste mod.
- Load your game.
- Hit B to take you to the banner editor.
- Hit CTR + V to paste the code into the game.
Enjoy your new custom banner!
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.