Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an incredibly challenging game, and a lot of the time you have to either upgrade skills or purchase items from vendors. However, the most difficult part of the title has to be the boss battles. A lot of the enemies attack without much force, but sometimes you run into exceptions like the True Corrupted Monk.
True Corrupted Monk is deadly if you get too close to him on a claustrophobic bridge. It's best to use a trick that requires you to jump from branch to branch, and deliver two stealth blows, and then attack him using the Firecrackers method.
This video from YouTuber HarryNinetyFour details the steps necessary to deliver two stealth blows at the very beginning of the fight. We tested out this method and it definitely works, but doesn't require as much grappling as shown in the video.
First Stealth Deathblow
- Swing to Branch 1 and then immediately to Branch 2 and then to Branch 3. This process has to be as fast as possible.
- You will see the True Corrupted Monk fall on the bridge while you're in motion.
- Wait for the True Corrupted Monk to stomp his foot on the ground and leap into the air to deliver your first Stealth Deathblow.
- You may have to try this method a few times to get it right because he spots you a lot of the time.
- Don't give up and keep at it because it's possible.
- If you can't deliver a Stealth Deathblow, let him kill you and start again at the Sculptor's Idol.
Second Stealth Deathblow
- The True Corrupted Monk will jump back after your first Stealth Deathblow.
- After you've gotten rid of one health bar, immediately grapple up to Branch 2 instead of Branch 3 as seen in the video. It's quite difficult to grapple to Branch 3 and adds another delay.
- Do not stay on Branch 2 because you need to immediately grapple to Branch 3 and then back to Branch 2.
- Going from Branch 2 to Branch 3 and then back to Branch 2 in a few seconds confuses the True Corrupted Monk and you can deliver another Stealth Deathblow.
- You will have to practice this method a few times to get it right.
- Unfortunately, you can only deliver two Stealth Deathblows and the final part of the fight has to be about skill and distraction.
- Just as you've come to rely on Firecrackers for other fights, use them here.
- Throw a Firecracker and attack the True Corrupted Monk twice. Don't keep on attacking because he'll hit you.
- Keep repeating the attack and Firecrackers method until he's dead.
- If you run out of Firecrackers, use the Ceremonial Tanto to gain more.
It took us quite a while to figure out the order of the branches, but once we did, it was rather easy. Hopefully this walkthrough will help you just as it helped us.
- Best ways to farm experience in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- How to beat Long-arm Centipede Sen'un in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
In our review, we said, "It's definitely harder than Dark Souls, but the sense of satisfaction you feel after defeating powerful titans is a reward in itself. The more you play, the stronger you become. The story and gameplay take you in new directions, but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice's difficulty may limit its appeal. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, it lacks multiplayer so you can't summon allies to help you."
Reclaim your honor
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The beginning of a new franchise
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on the perilous quest, not even death itself.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Talon Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this affordable accessory.
Xbox One X vertical stand ($6 at Amazon)
Grab this compatible vertical stand to save space.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.