In the last few days, tons of New World players have been struggling to launch and play the game successfully due to an issue with Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), which is the software that Amazon Games uses to ensure that New World PvP isn't plagued by hackers. The connection of EAC appears to be faulty right now, which is preventing countless people from being able to play the game.
Thankfully, there's a quick and easy solution to this problem: running the EAC repair tool for New World. In this guide, we'll show you how you can run EAC's repair tool so that you can get back to playing one of 2021's best multiplayer PC games.
How to fix New World launch issues by repairing EAC
- Launch the Steam client.
- Select Library at the top of the client.
- Select New World.
- Select the gear icon.
- Hover over the Manage drop down menu.
- Select Browse local files.
- In New World's files, select the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Select EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe.
- If asked if you want to let the executable make changes to your device, select Yes.
- Make sure New World is selected in the EAC program, then select Repair Service.
- Wait until the reinstallation of EAC finishes, then select Finish.
You can now launch and play New World without any EAC connection issues.
Welcome to Aeternum
A new expansive MMO awaits
New World is here, and it may end up being one of the biggest MMOs in PC gaming. It's got rich PvP, plenty of different builds to try out, and a huge open world with several different quests, dungeons, and more.
Brendan Lowry is a Windows Central writer and Oakland University graduate with a burning passion for video games, of which he's been an avid fan since childhood. You'll find him doing reviews, editorials, and general coverage on everything Xbox and PC. Follow him on Twitter.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.