Although Windows 10 has been improving its multi-monitor support with every release, if you have a dual-monitor setup or one with even more displays, the OS still doesn't offer an easy way to pick a different wallpaper for each of your monitors.
However, you don't need to resort to third-party tools because the option to set a different wallpaper is there, it's just not obvious to find.
In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the easy steps to customize your multi-monitor setup with a different wallpaper on each display.
How to customize each monitor with a different wallpaper
Personalizing monitors with different wallpapers on Windows 10 is a straightforward process, just follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
Click on Background.
- Quick Tip: You can always right-click on an empty space on the desktop, and select Personalize from the context menu to get background settings more quickly. Also, you can always type the control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper path using the Run command (Windows key + R) and clicking OK to access the background settings.
Using the "Background" drop-down menu and select Picture.
- Click the Browse button.
- Browse to the location with your images, pick the wallpaper, and click Choose picture.
Right-click the image and select the monitor you want the wallpaper to show.
After completing the steps, you can repeat step No. 5, 6, 7 to set a different wallpaper on each of your monitors.
More Windows 10 resources
For more helpful articles, coverage, and answers to common questions about Windows 10, visit the following resources:
- Windows 10 on Windows Central – All you need to know
- Windows 10 help, tips, and tricks
- Windows 10 forums on Windows Central
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.