Although Windows 10 has been improving its multi-monitor support with every release, if you have a dual-monitor setup or one with even more displays, the OS still doesn't offer an easy way to pick a different wallpaper for each of your monitors.
However, you don't need to resort to third-party tools because the option to set a different wallpaper is there, it's just not obvious to find.
In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the easy steps to customize your multi-monitor setup with a different wallpaper on each display.
How to customize each monitor with a different wallpaper
Personalizing monitors with different wallpapers on Windows 10 is a straightforward process, just follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
Click on Background.
- Quick Tip: You can always right-click on an empty space on the desktop, and select Personalize from the context menu to get background settings more quickly. Also, you can always type the control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper path using the Run command (Windows key + R) and clicking OK to access the background settings.
Using the "Background" drop-down menu and select Picture.
- Click the Browse button.
- Browse to the location with your images, pick the wallpaper, and click Choose picture.
Right-click the image and select the monitor you want the wallpaper to show.
After completing the steps, you can repeat step No. 5, 6, 7 to set a different wallpaper on each of your monitors.
More Windows 10 resources
For more helpful articles, coverage, and answers to common questions about Windows 10, visit the following resources:
- Windows 10 on Windows Central – All you need to know
- Windows 10 help, tips, and tricks
- Windows 10 forums on Windows Central
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.