What you need to know
- A long time ago (two months), Chrome users got a surprise tease of a potential feature headed to the browser.
- That feature was an optional rounding of the edges on menus to better mimic the style of Windows 11.
- Now, with Chrome 96, the feature is officially available.
Are you an avid Windows 11 user who cannot stand the handful of additional pixels that appear on the right-angled edges of Google Chrome menus? Would your life be better if Chrome allowed those menus to have the curved style of your Windows operating system? If all of this rings true to you, then today's your lucky day.
Finally, at long last, after months of anticipation and hype, rounded edges have landed on normal Chrome's release build, version 96. To activate the minor Windows-11-inspired makeover for Chrome's menus, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Update Chrome to make sure you're on version 96.
- Type in "chrome://flags" in the search bar and hit enter.
- Once you're on the flags page, search for "Windows 11" in its search bar (not the main browser search bar, but the new one right below it).
- You should now see a Windows 11 option. Change "default" to "enabled" to secure your rounded edges.
That's all there is to it. Once you've followed those four simple steps, you should have Chrome matching your Windows 11 aesthetic so you can have a properly sanded, edgeless experience (truly edgeless, in fact, since you're not using Microsoft Edge) when navigating Chrome's menus. The actual corners of the browser will remain intact.
This aesthetic option is also available for Chrome users on Windows 10, in the event you want to round off your Windows 10 experience with curved style.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Robert Carnevale is the News Editor for Windows Central. He's a big fan of Kinect (it lives on in his heart), Sonic the Hedgehog, and the legendary intersection of those two titans, Sonic Free Riders. He is the author of Cold War 2395. Have a useful tip? Send it to email@example.com.