If you need to start over, switch phones, or trying to solve a problem, you'll have to factory reset the Microsoft Band. Don't worry. The process is very simple. You also won't lose the data that you've already synced to the cloud. Follow these steps to bring your Microsoft Band back to how it was out of the box.
Prerequisites: Unregister and remove pairing
- On your phone, open the Microsoft Health app, and tap the Band icon
- Tap My Microsoft Band, tap unregister this band, and then tap ok.
- On your phone, remove Microsoft Band from the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
Reset Microsoft Band
- On your Microsoft Band, tap the Settings Tile, and then tap Power
- Swipe left, and under Factory Reset, tap Reset Device.
- Under Erase All Data, tap Yes.
Another way to reset
If your Microsoft Band is unresponsive, there's another way to perform a factory reset. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but my Band got stuck in the pairing screen and I didn't know what to do. I called Microsoft Support and they shared this nice little trick.
- Press and hold the Power and Action buttons on the Microsoft Band for about 10 seconds. The screen will turn off.
- Connect the Band to the USB cable to turn it back on.
- That's it!
It's a little inconvenient that you need to factory reset the Microsoft Band when switching phones. We don't imagine many people complaining about this, but it would be nice for the Band to be able to switch phones easily. Perhaps have a switch option in the settings? Nevertheless, a factory reset is quick and you don't lose data you've already synced to the cloud. Just don't forget to sync before you perform the reset.
We'll have a full review of the Microsoft Band very soon. Have any questions in the meantime?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Reolink did a fine job with the RLC-410 wireless security camera
Looking for a budget-friendly security camera to help protect your household? The Reolink RLC-410 promises on paper, but how does it fare during setup and when connected to a NAS/NVR? We took one for a spin to find out.
Giveaway: Win an Xbox Series X, a PS5, and an NZXT RTX 3080 PC
RobeyTech is giving away a huge amount of epic next-gen gaming swag to readers in the U.S. See inside for entry details!
Your Xbox questions answered with #AskJezXbox!
Check out our new video series #AskJezXbox, which takes your questions and comments and puts
Protect your Surface Pro 7 with one of these great cases
You have a Surface Pro in your hands and you want to protect it. This roundup of cases compatible with Pro 4, Pro (2017), Pro 6, ad Pro 7 covers rugged and stylish options so that you find something you like.