In October 2014, HP revealed a unique looking Windows 8.1 PC called the HP Sprout. The 23-inch all-in-one PC included an overhead projector which projected an interactive image to a touch mat that provides some new ways to interact with the device. Now HP is launching the Sprout Pro, an enhanced version of that consumer PC that's targeting the business and education markets.
The HP Sprout Pro will come with Windows 10 out of the box and will also include the 3D object scanning feature that was added to the original Sprout in 2015, via a software update. Here's what users can expect from the HP Sprout Pro:
- The Sprout Companion for Skype for Business enables a new level of remote sharing and collaboration including the ability to share a Sprout 2D capture during a Skype meeting, as well as easily annotate on the Skype whiteboard using the Sprout pen and mat.
- HP External Display Mixer allows users to share what's on the Sprout dual screen, video from the webcam, or the downward facing camera - or all at the same time.
- HP Scan provides added professional-level document scanning and optical character recognition with features like custom resolution, exposures, color or grayscale and scan destinations for pro-level results.
- HP Magnifier replaces a document camera and allows users to share live physical objects or documents with an audience, including zooming and capture.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional provides a safer, innovative and updated experience while helping you to manage your devices, apps, and identities.
- The new generation Intel Core i7 processors with DDR4 memory for additional processing power and integrated graphics performance.
- Trusted Platform Module for enhanced security.
The HP Sprout Pro will be released in February for $2199.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.