A few weeks ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Luckily, the developer just released another patch which brings some long-awaited changes.
Patch 2.1 features a variety of bug fixes, including a few related to character positioning on the "Community" screen. The most important change however fixes missions which couldn't be completed due to missing items. You can read about the tweaks below.
- The 'Purchase' DLC button on the Main Menu now works properly for players with new profiles.
- The mission 'Builder: Make Your Own Gear' can now be completed if the player has a built-in 'Machine Shop' at their base.
- Characters on the Community screen now reorient correctly when changes are made.
- Newly selected leaders are now positioned correctly on the Community screen.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes newly-recruited community members would overlap or be standing too close to others on the screen.
- Characters now properly gain experience in their close-combat specialization when fighting with their close-combat weapon.
- Characters who have earned at least a star in their 'Gunslinging' specialization are now able to snap-aim as expected.
- The in-game 'Independence Pack' purchase confirmation banner no longer pops up with every player session.
- Fixed several missions that occasionally couldn't be completed due to missing items.
It's great to see the developer quickly address the mission issue. Hopefully more patches will hit the game soon so it can become a polished experience. Surprisingly, this hasn't stopped the title from being enjoyed by countless gamers around the world. A few days ago, Microsoft announced that State of Decay 2 crossed three million players since its May launch.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can purchase the game for $29.99, or play it for free if you're a $9.99 Xbox Game Pass subscriber.
Hit the comments below to let us know what bugs and other issues you might have encountered in State of Decay 2, providing as much information as possible. Undead Labs encourages you to email bug reports and support requests to "firstname.lastname@example.org", providing reproduction steps and platform information where possible.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.