Anthem launched on Xbox One and PC recently. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is a shared-world third-person shooter from the acclaimed developer. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just like Destiny, the developer wants to support the game for the next ten years.
Here is a list of all the issues and current fixes coming to Anthem.
- Some gamers are reporting that their consoles won't turn off after Anthem caused a system-level crash which turned them off. Since there are multiple reports of this nature, this may be something to consider. EA is currently investigating the issue, but there doesn't appear to be a solution at the moment. So far this problem seems to be only on the PlayStation 4, but some base Xbox One owners have also reported the problem.
Can't resume on Xbox One
- According to BioWare's Michael Gamble, "there's a known bug where if you suspend your game on Xbox One and come back later on and resume it, it won't reconnect. When you're done, kill the title and relaunch when you play next. Otherwise it sits on the reconnecting screen forever."
- An EA community manager by the name of Alexander shared some other bugs on the publisher's forums. He said, "If you're out in the world and your Javelin gets stuck in some foliage, rocks, or other terrain, open your Map and choose the Respawn option to free yourself."
Claiming your Legion of Dawn rewards
- In-game rewards can't be claimed until February 22 so they don't work at the moment.
- You need to do a Mission for Prospero to unlock Crafting and access to his store. It doesn't work before that.
Game crashes when you open the Forge
- Try completing Prospero's mission in Freeplay first, then talk to him again in Fort Tarsis before you go to the Forge. This should fix the problem.
Can't see in-game Shards on PC
- You'll have to delete the local Origin folders on PC in order for the game to download new files with the correct information.
Delay with Alliance Coin rewards
- These are not delivered instantly when the timer resets, there are a few hours of processing time before you can use them.
Slow first load into Fort Tarsis
- If the game doesn't load into Fort Tarsis in the first 5 minutes, try restarting it. If that doesn't work, try repairing the file on PC through the launcher.
Origin Access Premier error
- If you can't play Anthem if you just upgraded to Origin Access Premier, click on the Anthem tile in My Game Library and choose Upgrade Game. This should let you play the complete game early.
Slow load times on consoles
- The original Xbox One and PlayStation 4 may have increased load times. You'll just have to wait for it to load. There doesn't appear to be a fix for the matter, but you could try an external solid state drive.
- Sometimes your character doesn't load during certain cutscenes in the game.
- If you accept multiple contracts, multiple Javelins may spawn in Fort Tarsis.
- A patch to fix getting shot by invisible enemies is coming soon. This is streaming related on older hard drives.
Disconnections in Fort Tarsis
- A patch has already been released to fix this on PC. You won't get disconnected while talking to characters in Fort Tarsis anymore.
Infinite loading screens
- Sometimes a loading screen won't complete. There are fixes incoming to address this.
- A patch which will release closer to February 22 will fix audio cutting off for no apparent reason.
- Opening chests will have a large radius so everyone gets credit for opening it even if someone else does.
- BioWare has fixed an issue where you completed all the Trials but couldn't get into the Tomb.
- A series of patches will fix performance problems on all platforms. It seems the game will probably suffer from poor frame rates at launch.
Xbox One settings
- A bug where Xbox One settings weren't saved has been fixed.
- Power scaling issues.
- New enemies and new story additions.
- Better in-game communication systems.
- A stats screen.
- Increased inventory space.
- Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed. They can contain vanity items and crafting embers.
- You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge.
- Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all four players have keys, you will get four rewards.
- There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge and can be accessed from anywhere.
- All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear.
- Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on Grandmaster difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks and Legendaries.
- Strongholds and Free Play chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear.
- Legendary missions will be added to the game.
- Field of view sliders have been added to the PC version of the game.
- Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
- Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
- Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20 percent across the board.
- Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20 percent.
- Hold the melee button to melee with the Interceptor.
- More universal components have been added.
- There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
- Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
- Consumables can now be sorted by name or rarity.
- When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
As we discover more issues, we will be sure to keep you updated. If you're experiencing any issues too, let us know in the comments.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Dear God... Please be a good game
Its not looking good right now. I have a bug that crashes the game during the tutorial. I have tried uninstalling, changing hdd, and reseting my Xbox one X. It is officially unplayable and I am canceling my pre order as a result. It is sad as I love bioware games I completed the entire MassEffect trilogy at least four times.
Been playing this game now a few hours a day since launch. It is looking great right now. Cant just take one persons bad experience with the game and just assume thats exactly how its going to be. Everyone knows all new games will get patches right out the gate to fix the little bugs that they didnt see or someting else caused them without the developers realizing them.
LOVE the game up until it won't let me progress past the tutorial mission. This is on Xbox One. It does not crash. When my objective was to select a javelin and access the forge for the first time, I was able to. After I picked one the game froze on me. Naturally I restarted the game. When prompted to go and access the forge, I do so and the menu never loads. This prevents me from continuing in the story and when I look at my suit, there are two of the tutorial javelins and not the one I had picked. I tried reinstalling and my character was saved. I supposed it is on the EA servers along with my glitch. Regardless, I cannot further advance in story or do any multiplayer co-op, and thus making this game unplayable.
You may need to revamp this sentence: "Some gamers are reporting that their consoles won't turn off after Anthem caused a system-level crash which turned them off. "
Glad I went with Stellaris. May pick up Anthem when they get their stuff together.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.