Anthem launched on Xbox One and PC recently. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is a shared-world third-person shooter from the acclaimed developer. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just like Destiny, the developer wants to support the game for the next ten years.
Here is a list of all the issues and current fixes coming to Anthem.
- Some gamers are reporting that their consoles won't turn off after Anthem caused a system-level crash which turned them off. Since there are multiple reports of this nature, this may be something to consider. EA is currently investigating the issue, but there doesn't appear to be a solution at the moment. So far this problem seems to be only on the PlayStation 4, but some base Xbox One owners have also reported the problem.
Can't resume on Xbox One
- According to BioWare's Michael Gamble, "there's a known bug where if you suspend your game on Xbox One and come back later on and resume it, it won't reconnect. When you're done, kill the title and relaunch when you play next. Otherwise it sits on the reconnecting screen forever."
- An EA community manager by the name of Alexander shared some other bugs on the publisher's forums. He said, "If you're out in the world and your Javelin gets stuck in some foliage, rocks, or other terrain, open your Map and choose the Respawn option to free yourself."
Claiming your Legion of Dawn rewards
- In-game rewards can't be claimed until February 22 so they don't work at the moment.
- You need to do a Mission for Prospero to unlock Crafting and access to his store. It doesn't work before that.
Game crashes when you open the Forge
- Try completing Prospero's mission in Freeplay first, then talk to him again in Fort Tarsis before you go to the Forge. This should fix the problem.
Can't see in-game Shards on PC
- You'll have to delete the local Origin folders on PC in order for the game to download new files with the correct information.
Delay with Alliance Coin rewards
- These are not delivered instantly when the timer resets, there are a few hours of processing time before you can use them.
Slow first load into Fort Tarsis
- If the game doesn't load into Fort Tarsis in the first 5 minutes, try restarting it. If that doesn't work, try repairing the file on PC through the launcher.
Origin Access Premier error
- If you can't play Anthem if you just upgraded to Origin Access Premier, click on the Anthem tile in My Game Library and choose Upgrade Game. This should let you play the complete game early.
Slow load times on consoles
- The original Xbox One and PlayStation 4 may have increased load times. You'll just have to wait for it to load. There doesn't appear to be a fix for the matter, but you could try an external solid state drive.
- Sometimes your character doesn't load during certain cutscenes in the game.
- If you accept multiple contracts, multiple Javelins may spawn in Fort Tarsis.
- A patch to fix getting shot by invisible enemies is coming soon. This is streaming related on older hard drives.
Disconnections in Fort Tarsis
- A patch has already been released to fix this on PC. You won't get disconnected while talking to characters in Fort Tarsis anymore.
Infinite loading screens
- Sometimes a loading screen won't complete. There are fixes incoming to address this.
- A patch which will release closer to February 22 will fix audio cutting off for no apparent reason.
- Opening chests will have a large radius so everyone gets credit for opening it even if someone else does.
- BioWare has fixed an issue where you completed all the Trials but couldn't get into the Tomb.
- A series of patches will fix performance problems on all platforms. It seems the game will probably suffer from poor frame rates at launch.
Xbox One settings
- A bug where Xbox One settings weren't saved has been fixed.
- Power scaling issues.
- New enemies and new story additions.
- Better in-game communication systems.
- A stats screen.
- Increased inventory space.
- Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed. They can contain vanity items and crafting embers.
- You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge.
- Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all four players have keys, you will get four rewards.
- There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge and can be accessed from anywhere.
- All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear.
- Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on Grandmaster difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks and Legendaries.
- Strongholds and Free Play chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear.
- Legendary missions will be added to the game.
- Field of view sliders have been added to the PC version of the game.
- Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
- Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
- Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20 percent across the board.
- Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20 percent.
- Hold the melee button to melee with the Interceptor.
- More universal components have been added.
- There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
- Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
- Consumables can now be sorted by name or rarity.
- When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
As we discover more issues, we will be sure to keep you updated. If you're experiencing any issues too, let us know in the comments.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Should Halo Infinite get its rumored battle royale mode?
Recently, a rumor that Halo Infinite will have a battle royale mode surfaced. Would this be a good move for Microsoft and 343 Industries to make? Here's what we think.
The Cyber Monday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.