List of Call of Duty: Warzone known bugs and launch issues
Catch the hiccups during Call of Duty: Warzone's launch week.
Activision has cooked up a new free-to-play battle royale, translating the first-person shooter action of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare into the intense Warzone mode. With a high-stakes last-man-standing setup, accompanied by the looting and shooting of Plunder, the release has already seen over 15 million players, among the fast-growing battle royale titles on the market.
With Call of Duty: Warzone here, there are a few hiccups you might encounter along the way. We've wrapped up all known bugs, launch issues, and glitches impacting Warzone right now, alongside how to fix them.
Call of Duty: Warzone bugs, issues, and glitches
While Call of Duty: Warzone now boasts millions of players, its launch hasn't come without issues. Some players report crashes and stuttering across platforms, while a variety of error codes may cause headaches for some. We've wrapped up the most common bugs and issues affecting Warzone today.
Call of Duty: Warzone crashing
Crashes remain one of the most significant issues impacting Call of Duty: Warzone, with a high frequency on PC marring the experience for some players. Many users report kicks the desktop, with Activision having acknowledged the issue and an investigation underway. In the meantime, Activision asks players to submit a bug report to speed up the delivery of a fix.
Call of Duty: Warzone stuttering
Warzone may also exhibit stuttering while playing on a PC. We recommend ensuring your graphics card drivers are updated to the latest available version or disabling VSync.
Call of Duty: Warzone Dev Errors
PC users may also experience various "Dev Errors," with specific PC error codes noted among acknowledged issues impacting the platform. Dev Errors 6065, 6066, 6068, 6328, and 6323 have been documented with fixes in the pipeline, with official workarounds provided in the meantime.
Dev Error 6328/6323: While Infinity Ward has acknowledged these issues, investigations remain underway. In the meantime, it suggests a "scan and repair" first or a complete reinstall.
Dev Error 6065/6066/6068: Infinity Ward attributes these issues to hang crashes on the GPU, primarily affecting cutscenes in the campaign, although may be experienced elsewhere. Ahead of a fix, it suggests running VRAM under maximum, or running the game with the default settings.
Server Disconnected, BLZBNTBGS000003F8
While not explicitly tied to Warzone, we've seen many players reporting instances of connection errors, accompanied by error code BLZBNTBGS000003F8. When encountered, ensure your PC is connected to the internet, and no server outages have are reported.
Other Call of Duty: Warzone bugs and issues
Infinity Ward has also acknowledged a handful of small bugs and issues impacting Warzone via its Trello board, set to be addressed over the weeks ahead. Expect further details over the coming days on when to expect fixes.
Approaching contracts in BR causes an error and hitching to occur
- Fix coming soon: Players will rarely see full screen black corruption when naturally progressing through the map
- Fix coming soon: Players who are the last to die and attempt to leave the game, they'll see a 'your squad can still revive you' message even though there are no squad mates alive
- Fix coming soon: Players who disconnect from a match will not drop any items that they were carrying
- Fix coming soon: Players can become stuck in a stow away animation state when player revives and immediately cancels revive animation.
- Fix in-progress: Adjusting when teammates get credit for a kill when they finish off a downed enemy
- Fix in-progress: Reports of white flashes of light/VFX when firing since the 3/10 update. This appears in all modes including Warzone
- Fix in-progress: Players will be unable to use the Plunder Balloon if they set their reload/use behavior to "conextual tap"
- Fix in-progress: Players can get stuck under a Buy Station if going prone while interacting with it
- Fix in-progress: Firing a smoke grenade with the Underbarrel 40mm smokescreen launcher does not emit any smoke from the grenade
- Fix in-progress: Reports of a bug that could kick players from a match if they became stuck on the loading screen
- Fix in-progress: The animation for the player's character equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block player from deploying their parachute
- Acknowledged: Plunder - Players going into consecutive matches are seeing it end shortly after joining.
- Acknowledged: There is a wall that is missing player collision in a building near Hospital.
Be the last one standing
Welcome to Warzone, the new massive combat arena within Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, free for everyone. Drop in, armor up, loot for rewards, and battle your way to the top.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Matt Brown was formerly a Windows Central's Senior Editor, Xbox & PC, at Future. Following over seven years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Microsoft's gaming efforts. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.