The Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 updates are going wider in the last few days. Over the last 24-hours, numerous tips have been coming in regarding wider availability of the updates for users who are still on Windows Phone 8.0.
Of interest is seeing the Lumia 520 go wider, especially in the Asia Pacific region and some countries in Africa. The Lumia 620, 720 and 820 are also seeing releases concentrated in Europe, for now. Finally, those who reside in the Russian Federation and Ukraine are getting their first taste of the Cyan as the Lumia 625, Lumia 1020, and Lumia 1320 are now getting updates in those areas.
Did your carrier make the cut? See our recent additions below, or head to our full tracker to see everything thus far.
Remember, if you are using Windows Phone 8.1 already through the Preview for Developers, even if your country is listed below, you still do not get Lumia Cyan just yet as Microsoft has a pause on the updates. Users are instructed to either wait until a fix comes out or use the Nokia Recovery Tool to downgrade the OS and then take the updates.
*CV = Country Variant
Further reading and How To guides
- Tutorial on downgrading your OS on your Lumia
- What is new in the Lumia Cyan update for the Lumia 1520
- How to find out your Country Variant country and model
- Lumia Cyan update tracker
- Africa – Kenya CV; Tanzania CV; Uganda CV; Zambia CV
- Asia Pacific – Bangladesh CV; China Unicom, CMCC; India CV; Malaysia CV; Papua New Guinea Digicel; Philippines Sun; Singapore StarHub; Thailand CV
- Latin America – Costa Rica Claro
- Europe – Germany T-Mobile, Vodafone; Hungary T-Mobile; Italy CV, TIM, Vodafone; UK o2, Vodafone
- Europe – Russian Federation CV, MTS; Ukraine CV
- Asia Pacific – India CV
- Europe – Czech Republic Vodafone; Germany Vodafone; Greece Vodafone; Hungary Vodafone; Italy CV, Vodafone; Poland Orange; Romania Orange, Vodafone; Spain Vodafone; UK o2
- Latin America – Dominican Republic Orange
- Europe – Belgium CV; Czech Republic Vodafone; Germany T-Mobile, Vodafone; Greece Vodafone; Hungary Vodafone; Ireland Vodafone; Italy CV, TIM, Vodafone; Netherlands Vodafone; Poland Orange; Portugal Vodfaone; Slovakia Orange; Switzerland Orange; UK o2
- Asia – Cambodia CV; Singapore Singtel
- Europe – Germany CV, Ireland o2; Kazakhstan CV; Portugal CV; Russian Federation CV, MTS; Spain CV; Ukraine CV
- Europe – Russian Federation CV; Ukraine CV
- Europe – Switzerland CV
Everything we know about 'Xbox Series S' Lockhart
The Xbox Series X is getting a baby brother in the form of a console codenamed Lockhart, most likely to be called Xbox Series S. Here's what we know so far.
Amazon Prime Video for Windows 10 is now live and working
Last week, we reported that Amazon Prive Video was coming to the Microsoft Store. While the app could be downloaded, it did not yet work for customers. Today's app update, however, fixes that, and you can now stream (or download) all your Amazon Prive Video content to your Windows 10 PCs.
Grab one of these great CPUs for your custom PC
No matter what level of performance you're looking for, there's no doubt a processor (CPU) out there for your custom PC. And we've rounded up the best options right here.
AMD's RX 5700XT and NVIDIA's RTX 2080 Ti go well with the Ryzen 3 3100
Picking a good GPU for the AMD Ryzen 3 3100 can be a little confusing if you don't know what you're searching for. This guide will walk you through the best picks for playing at 1080p, 1440p and 4K resolutions.