The Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 updates are going wider in the last few days. Over the last 24-hours, numerous tips have been coming in regarding wider availability of the updates for users who are still on Windows Phone 8.0.
Of interest is seeing the Lumia 520 go wider, especially in the Asia Pacific region and some countries in Africa. The Lumia 620, 720 and 820 are also seeing releases concentrated in Europe, for now. Finally, those who reside in the Russian Federation and Ukraine are getting their first taste of the Cyan as the Lumia 625, Lumia 1020, and Lumia 1320 are now getting updates in those areas.
Did your carrier make the cut? See our recent additions below, or head to our full tracker to see everything thus far.
Remember, if you are using Windows Phone 8.1 already through the Preview for Developers, even if your country is listed below, you still do not get Lumia Cyan just yet as Microsoft has a pause on the updates. Users are instructed to either wait until a fix comes out or use the Nokia Recovery Tool to downgrade the OS and then take the updates.
*CV = Country Variant
Further reading and How To guides
- Tutorial on downgrading your OS on your Lumia
- What is new in the Lumia Cyan update for the Lumia 1520
- How to find out your Country Variant country and model
- Lumia Cyan update tracker
- Africa – Kenya CV; Tanzania CV; Uganda CV; Zambia CV
- Asia Pacific – Bangladesh CV; China Unicom, CMCC; India CV; Malaysia CV; Papua New Guinea Digicel; Philippines Sun; Singapore StarHub; Thailand CV
- Latin America – Costa Rica Claro
- Europe – Germany T-Mobile, Vodafone; Hungary T-Mobile; Italy CV, TIM, Vodafone; UK o2, Vodafone
- Europe – Russian Federation CV, MTS; Ukraine CV
- Asia Pacific – India CV
- Europe – Czech Republic Vodafone; Germany Vodafone; Greece Vodafone; Hungary Vodafone; Italy CV, Vodafone; Poland Orange; Romania Orange, Vodafone; Spain Vodafone; UK o2
- Latin America – Dominican Republic Orange
- Europe – Belgium CV; Czech Republic Vodafone; Germany T-Mobile, Vodafone; Greece Vodafone; Hungary Vodafone; Ireland Vodafone; Italy CV, TIM, Vodafone; Netherlands Vodafone; Poland Orange; Portugal Vodfaone; Slovakia Orange; Switzerland Orange; UK o2
- Asia – Cambodia CV; Singapore Singtel
- Europe – Germany CV, Ireland o2; Kazakhstan CV; Portugal CV; Russian Federation CV, MTS; Spain CV; Ukraine CV
- Europe – Russian Federation CV; Ukraine CV
- Europe – Switzerland CV
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.