Microsoft Lumia 650 reportedly gets 'Double Tap to Wake' firmware update via WDRT
Some owners of the Lumia 650 can now reportedly get the double tap to wake firmware update via the Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT). The update is not yet available for all Lumia 650's, however, and is likely dependent on your phone's region code i.e. our U.S. Lumia 650 does not show the firmware update on the server yet.
The firmware update was first reported by email tips as well as members of the Windows Central forums.
As we have reported on before, the firmware update includes the return of double tap to wake to modern Windows 10 Mobile devices along with a fix for recurring Wi-Fi disconnections. The firmware version number for the Lumia 650 is 01078.00042.16352.50011. This update was previously released for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL.
Download the Windows Device Recovery Tool
Here is the full changelog posted by Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users
We will mention once again that getting the firmware update via WDRT will also wipe your Lumia 650 down to its factory settings. Microsoft will release the firmware via an over-the-air update in the coming days or weeks that will avoid this issue and we expect all Lumia 650's at some point to get the update.
Thanks again to Dano91 and our Windows Central forum members for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.