Yesterday, Windows Central revealed details regarding Microsoft's two upcoming flagship Windows Phones codenamed Talkman and Cityman. Since then, the story has resonated around the internet so we figured we would provide a more detailed look at one of the phones.
To be clear, these renders of Cityman aka the upcoming Lumia 950 XL are 100% created in-house by Windows Central. These are not official or leaked in any way, and we want to be very clear on that. However, we are basing them off of images, sketches, and first-hand reports from multiple sources.
Indeed, when we ran these new renders by one of our sources and this was their reply:
"This looks great! Holy crap... It is like the real thing" - Cityman Source
So we are quite confident in their accuracy. Having said that, please allow room for slight changes or minor details we might have missed. [Update: Although it is incorrectly represented here, we have it on good authority that these devices have on-screen keys and not capacitive. We will try to update the renders soon to reflect that difference.]
To recap on this phone's specs:
Cityman (Lumia 950 XL)
- Matte white, cyan or black polycarbonate body
- 5.7 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
- Snapdragon 810, 64-bit Octa core
- Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
- 20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash
- 1mm silver ring inside the circumference of the black camera pod
- Aluminum side buttons
- 5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
- 3300 mAh removable battery
- Qi wireless charging integrated
- USB Type-C
As a bonus, we are tossing in a Cyan version. Evan Blass aka Evleaks this morning tweeted that the phone will have a blue color option, so we decided to represent that as well.
Special thanks to Mobile Nations Derek Kessler for the 3D render work!