The Medium will support real-time ray tracing, releases new RTX-filled trailer
The Medium is going to look amazing.
What you need to know
- The Medium is the latest innovative horror game from Bloober Team, coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC.
- The game will be a true psychological horror, featuring unique 'Dual Reality' gameplay, gorgeous graphics, and terrifying cinematics.
- A new trailer released in tangent with NVIDIA shows off the Medium with NVIDIA's real-time ray tracing technology, RTX, turned on.
- The Medium releases on Xbox Series X|S and PC on January 28, 2021, and will support RTX and DLSS on PC with NVIDIA.
One of the most anticipated games for the Windows Central team in early 2021 is the Medium, a horror game from Bloober Team that is coming to the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC later this month. The Medium has made headlines and gained a certain amount of excitement from horror fans for its incredibly unique 'Dual Reality' feature and stunning settings. Now, we know the game will support NVIDIA RTX when it releases on PC. Check out the new teaser trailer below for a sneak peek at the Medium with RTX On.
The Medium will fully support NVIDIA's real-time ray tracing technologies, and even utilize DLSS, which uses AI upscaling to essentially work computer magic and pull frame rates out of thin air (it's more complicated than that, but it certainly feels like magic). The few glances we got of RTX On with the Medium certainly looks great, and it'll be exciting to see the game in action when paired with an NVIDIA RTX GPU on PC.
It's worth mentioning that this only mentions NVIDIA RTX and doesn't say anything about ray tracing on the Xbox Series X|S. Both of Microsoft's next-gen consoles support hardware-accelerated ray tracing, but they use AMD GPUs instead and won't rely on NVIDIA's technology. Fortunately, we don't have long to wait to find out—the Medium drops for Xbox Series X|S and PC on January 28, 2021. You can pre-order the game right now, and get a sweet discount for doing so.
In case you missed it, don't forget to check out this 14 minute gameplay trailer for the Medium.
Like most horror games, the Medium will almost certainly feature spine-chilling soundtracks, audio, and voice overs, so make sure you're prepared with one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S, so you can catch every sound.
Dimensions of horror
Two worlds joined in terror
The Medium is a horror game that lets players go back and forth between the physical world and the spirit world. Using this dual-reality gameplay is necessary for solving puzzles and uncovering a horrific mystery.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.