What you need to know
- Microsoft today acquired Pull Panda and its suite of code review tools.
- The company's Pull Reminders, Pull Analytics, and Pull Assigner tools are now available for free as a GitHub Marketplace application.
- Microsoft plans to integrate the tools into GitHub in the future.
Microsoft-owned GitHub today announced that it has acquired Pull Panda, a firm that creates code review tools for the platform. Monetary details of the deal were not revealed, but Microsoft has made Pull Panda's tools available for free as a GitHub Marketplace application.
Pull Panda is behind three tools that make it easier for teams to collaborate on GitHub projects. Here's an overview, from GitHub:
- Pull Reminders: Get a nudge in Slack when a collaborator needs your review. Automatic reminders ensure that pull requests never slip through the cracks.
- Pull Analytics: From wait times to top contributors, get real-time insight into the effectiveness of your team's process. Then make data-driven improvements that create a more transparent and accountable culture.
- Pull Assigner: Automatically distribute code across your team, so no one gets overloaded and knowledge gets spread around.
As of the acquisition, Microsoft and GitHub are making all three tools available for free on the GitHub Marketplace. Going forward, GitHub says it plans to integrate these features into the platform, but there's no timetable for when that might take place.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.