Microsoft has just announced their new fitness wearable the Band and a new platform to go along with it. Microsoft Health is a new health and fitness platform from Microsoft that will use the power of the cloud to help you live a healthier life. A new blog post from Microsoft details some of the cool features available on Health.
Here are some of the new Microsoft Health platform features we're excited about:
- Works with UP by Jawbone, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and RunKeeper
- Guided Workouts curated by Gold's Gym, Shape, Men's Fitness and Muscle & Fitness
- Regular cadence of Microsoft Health announcements including additional device and service partnerships, SDK availability and additional cross-platform applications and services
- Soon, Microsoft Health will also allow you, at your choosing, to connect your Microsoft Health data to HealthVault to share with your medical provider
- Microsoft Health will unite data from different health and fitness devices and services in a single, secure location. Once stored in Microsoft Health, you can combine the data you generate from different devices and services – steps, calories, heart rate and more – to receive powerful insights from our Intelligence Engine
We're also digging this little excerpt from the announce post:
"Over time, you will have the choice to combine your fitness data with calendar and email information from Office as well as location-based information and more. As you make more data available, the Intelligence Engine will get smarter and provide more powerful insights, such as:
- Fitness performance relative to work schedule
- Whether eating breakfast helps you run faster
- If the number of meetings during the day impacts sleep quality."
Hit up the source link below to learn more about Microsoft Health and let us know what you think!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.