What you need to know
- A new Microsoft Edge Dev channel build is now rolling out.
- This build adds new page translation languages, fixes, and improvements.
- This update is available now as build 85.0.538.0.
Microsoft shipped another weekly update for the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel today, bringing the usual round of general improvements and fixes. There are a few new features included as well, the most notable of which is more languages that are supported for translating web content. Microsoft doesn't outline what the new languages are, however.
Here's a full look at what's new, fixed, and improved in the latest Microsoft Edge Dev channel release.
- Added more languages that are supported for translating page content.
- Added support for the TLS Cipher Suite Deny List management policy. Updated Administrative Templates to come later.
- Added the Win HTTP Proxy Resolver Enabled management policy to control how Microsoft Edge interacts with the Windows proxy resolver. Note that this policy is already deprecated, and Administrative Templates will come later.
- Fixed an issue where opening an InPrivate or Guest window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening a PDF sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where using the Touchbar when video is playing sometimes crashes the webpage.
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where importing passwords from another browser sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse sometimes disappears.
- Fixed an issue where audio sometimes doesn't work when using certain Bluetooth speakers.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where users signed into the browser with work or school accounts sometimes see failures with sync or browser sign-in due to the browser thinking the device isn't properly enrolled with management software even though it is.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Touchbar sometimes doesn't show the proper video controls when playing multiple videos in a row.
- Fixed an issue where downloads sometimes aren't shown on the Downloads management page when Smartscreen actions are taken on downloaded files.
- Fixed an issue where the … > Apps menu sometimes doesn't list all installed or pinned websites.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience sometimes shows over and over, never letting the browser be used.
This update is available for Dev channel users now, and you can manually check for it throught the "About" portion of your Microsoft Edge settings menu. If you haven't tried an Edge Insider release yet, you can snag the Beta, Dev, and Canary channels now at the Microsoft Edge Insider site. You can also grab the release version of Microsoft Edge from its official website.
For more, including a look at the known issues in this build, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.