Microsoft Edge Dev improves Immersive Reader and adds Settings page for accessibility
The latest build of Edge Dev focuses on accessibility and adds some new management options.
What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev build 94.0.982.2 is now available.
- The update adds an option to make text columns wider in Immersive Reader.
- The Edge Settings page now has a section for accessibility.
Microsoft just rolled out an update to Edge Dev that brings the browser to version 94.0.982.2. The update adds a handful of features, including an option to have text columns be wider in Immersive Reader. The browser's Settings page also gains a section for accessibility with the update.
Here are the added features in Edge Dev build 94.0.982.2:
- Added an option in Immersive Reader to make the columns of text wider.
- Added a Settings page for Accessibility settings.
- Added support for viewing favorites in Application Guard windows when Application Guard is in Standalone Mode.
- Added a management policy to control if Only On Premises Implicit Signin is Enabled, which controls if only on-premises accounts are allowed to use implicit sign-in.
- Added an entry to the Share popup on the context menu.
- Enabled SSO on Linux.
- Re-enabled tab sharing capabilities in WebView2 apps.
Microsoft also improved several areas of the browser:
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed an issue where adding all tabs to a Collection sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when selecting tabs using the Touchbar.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser when a popup is open.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes close spontaneously.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a Collection sometimes causes the Collections pane to go blank.
As is normally the case, there are some known issues with this build that you can read about on a Tech Community page (opens in new tab) from Microsoft.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Any chance of a Sans Serif font in immersive reader?