What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev build 94.0.982.2 is now available.
- The update adds an option to make text columns wider in Immersive Reader.
- The Edge Settings page now has a section for accessibility.
Microsoft just rolled out an update to Edge Dev that brings the browser to version 94.0.982.2. The update adds a handful of features, including an option to have text columns be wider in Immersive Reader. The browser's Settings page also gains a section for accessibility with the update.
Here are the added features in Edge Dev build 94.0.982.2:
- Added an option in Immersive Reader to make the columns of text wider.
- Added a Settings page for Accessibility settings.
- Added support for viewing favorites in Application Guard windows when Application Guard is in Standalone Mode.
- Added a management policy to control if Only On Premises Implicit Signin is Enabled, which controls if only on-premises accounts are allowed to use implicit sign-in.
- Added an entry to the Share popup on the context menu.
- Enabled SSO on Linux.
- Re-enabled tab sharing capabilities in WebView2 apps.
Microsoft also improved several areas of the browser:
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed an issue where adding all tabs to a Collection sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when selecting tabs using the Touchbar.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser when a popup is open.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes close spontaneously.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a Collection sometimes causes the Collections pane to go blank.
As is normally the case, there are some known issues with this build that you can read about on a Tech Community page (opens in new tab) from Microsoft.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new tab).
Any chance of a Sans Serif font in immersive reader?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.