What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher beta for the Surface Duo has a new update.
- The update brings the option to create a group with two instances of Microsoft Edge.
- The same update also brings support for group creation with weblinks.
A new update is rolling out for Microsoft Launcher beta on the Surface Duo. The update brings several new features for grouping Microsoft Edge to your home screen. The update brings the app to version 6.2.201104.93013 and is available now to testers through the Google Play Store.
Microsoft Launcher beta now lets people create groups with two instances of Microsoft Edge on the Surface Duo. People can also create groups with weblinks on the Surface Duo. With browsers becoming increasingly useful, both of these new features are welcome additions.
Here is the full list of changes in the most recent update:
- Support app group creation with two Edge apps on Surface Duo
- Support app group creation with weblinks on Surface Duo
- Design improvements on error widget view to launch associated app
- Fixed known bugs
We spotted the change update and changelog on one our Surface Duo devices. The same update doesn't seem to be available to non-Surface Duo devices, which makes sense as the changes are related to the Surface Duo.
Microsoft Surface Duo
Two screens are better than one
Microsoft delves into the future of foldables with an ambitious dual-screen device, featuring two ultra-thin 5.6-inch AMOLED displays bound by a 360-degree hinge. This pocketable inking-enabled Android smartphone marks the latest in the Surface lineup, geared for mobile productivity.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.