In a closed media round-table, Microsoft India announced the launch of the Lumia 430, the company's most affordable Windows Phone device as yet.
The Lumia 430 is an entry-level Windows Phone, but doesn't cut too many corners in the crucial areas. There's 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage with micro SD card expansion. It also packs in a front camera. The 4-inch dual SIM device attempts to hit all the right notes for both affordability and desirability.
The Lumia 430 in a way, looks like a 'fixed' Lumia 530, which is missing a front-facing camera, ambient light and proximity sensors, and sports only 512 MB of RAM.
Microsoft Lumia 430 Dual SIM Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4-inch WVGA (800 x480) LCD at 235 PPI
- 1GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage; micro SD up to 128 GB
- 2 MP fixed-focus rear camera; 0.3 MP VGA front-facing camera
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor
- 1500 mAh removable battery
- Size: 120.5 x 63.19 x 10.63 (volumetric) mm
- Weight: 127.9 g
The Lumia 430 is available in two colors – orange and black. The phone goes on sale today at a best buy price of ₹5,299, and there are a few promotional offers as well which makes it a good value for money device.
- ₹1,000 cashback of recharges and bill payments through the Mobikwik app
- ₹1,500 worth of discounts on bus tickets over 6 single trips booked through the RedBus app
- 500MB free data per month for a period of 2 months
The Lumia 430 is slated to get Windows 10 later this year when it is released, and packs in decent specifications for a budget device. What do you think of the device, and would you be looking forward to pick or recommend one?