It looks like some aspects of Windows 10 Redstone 2 are starting to pick up. Tonight, Microsoft has pushed an update to the Camera app for Windows 10 Mobile to Fast Ring Insiders and with it arrives a new UI layout and even a time lapse feature.
Windows Camera build 1016.11 is now live in the Store, and there are some noteworthy changes to this version. Here is what we spotted so far:
- Icons are more visible (solid white)
- Timer button (2s, 5s, 10s, off) is now on the main camera UI (instead of a menu)
- Camera toggle (front, rear) is pushed to the upper left
- Ellipsis is replaced with a Settings toggle
- Settings are now direct instead of being within a menu
- Time Lapse – "When the time is on, keep taking photos until I press the camera button again."
- Image review icon is moved from the upper left to lower right corner
- Image review icon is now square instead of a circle
It's not clear if there are other under the hood improvements or changes to camera behavior. Image processing seems the same from our limited exposure to the new build.
Update: We can now say that this update also fixes the OS crash on the Elite x3 when using the camera from lock screen.
Assuming the build is not reliant on other changes in the OS we could see this Fast Ring app build pushed to Slow Ring and Release Preview in the new couple of weeks. For now, those on Production will have to sit tight.
Have you tried the new camera app? If so, let us know what you think and don't forget to use the Feedback Hub to tell Microsoft.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.