Just three days ago Microsoft pushed an updated camera app with a new UI, new time-lapse feature, and improved startup times to the Insider Fast Ring. In rapid turnaround the company is pushing the app to Release Preview and Slow Ring, both of which also received an OS update.
Build 1018.11 is now live in the Slow and Release Preview Rings, which is a bump from the previous 816.91.
Here is the full changelog per Microsoft:
- Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
- On PC, use the spacebar as a shortcut to take pictures
Note Some features may vary from device to device. We tested the update on a Lumia 950 and not legacy devices.
It's great to see the new camera app hitting those Rings so quickly. The timing also means that Production should get the app update either on November 1 or the 8th when the company releases its next set of cumulative updates.
Are you enjoying the new Microsoft Camera app? Let us know in comments!
Thanks Kumar S., for the tip!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.