Microsoft Stores will have giveaways, special events and more for Windows 10 launch
Windows 10 will begin its rollout to the general public on July 29, and Microsoft's 110-plus retail store locations in North America will help celebrate the launch on that date with a number of special events, giveaways and more.
All of the stories will have some kind of Windows 10 launch event on that date, offering customers free refreshments, giveaways, and a chance to participate in a series of "Get to Know Windows 10" workshops. Microsoft says:
Nine Microsoft Store locations will let customers meet some special guests from the professional sports world on July 29:
- Bellevue, Washington – Bellevue Square – World Cup Champion Megan Rapinoe
- Boston, Massachusetts – The Shops at Prudential Center – NHL Selke Trophy Winner Patrice Bergeron
- Dallas, Texas – NorthPark Center – NFL Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders
- Garden City, New York – Roosevelt Field – World Cup Champion Abby Wambach
- Houston, Texas – Houston Galleria – Houston Texans Linebacker Brian Cushing
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Fashion Show – Boxing Legend Sugar Ray Leonard
- Santa Clara, California – Westfield Valley Fair – NBA Champion and Finals MVP Andre Iguodala
- Seattle, Washington – University Village – Seattle Seahawks Wide Receiver Doug Baldwin
- Tysons Corner, Virginia (D.C. area) – Tysons Corner Center – World Cup Champion Ali Krieger
In addition, Microsoft will host a free concert by OneRepublic at the Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree, Colorado on July 31. Finally, a number of Microsoft Store mall locations will have "Windows 10 Experience Zones" from July 29 to August 9, with more giveaways along with demos of Windows 10 and other Microsoft products like Surface, Xbox One and Minecraft. The list of stores with these demos can be found on Microsoft's website.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.