What you need to know
- 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two is still slated for release later in 2021.
- Mojang Studios is now working on final polish and bug fixes, with the Java Edition moving to Pre-Release snapshots.
- Now, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 1.18.027 is rolling out to testers with a small batch of new bug fixes.
- There are no new features included here, and none should be expected from here on out.
Minecraft players are going to be blessed with the arrival of 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two later this year, and Mojang Studios is now in the final stages of ensuring that happens. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 continues to introduce new bug fixes and tweaks, as Mojang works to polish this massive update before its full release in the next few weeks or months.
This follows shortly after Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18 Pre-Release 1 dropped, a sign that Mojang considers the 1.18 update to be practically feature complete and are now focusing entirely on fixing and improving the existing experience. That tracks with the newest beta release, which only includes a handful of (important) fixes.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made, securing its spot as one of the best Xbox games, and much of that comes down to its neverending support. In case you missed it, Mojang Studios has already detailed the next update coming to Minecraft after the Caves and Cliffs Update, called The Wild Update.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 includes:
- Optimized chunk generation on some devices
- Added a new world upgrade animation to the world upgrade / backup screen
- Fixed block actors not working properly below y=0 when upgrading a world to Caves & Cliffs: Part II
- Backup copies of worlds no longer have the Caves & Cliffs experimental toggle enabled
- Fixed the new storage location prompt occurring daily on some Android devices
- Fixed blocks like water and lava sometimes generating mid-air in specific worlds updated from older versions
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.