What you need to know
- 'The Wild Update' is coming to Minecraft players later this year, and features a sizeable number of new features and changes.
- On Wednesday, Mojang Studios released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 and Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 to testers.
- The headlining addition of the pre-release builds is the arrival of new music for 'The Wild Update.'
Music has always been an iconic part of Minecraft, with its soundtrack being instantly recognizable by millions of people all around the world. Every major Minecraft update tends to add new music to the growing selection, and The Wild Update, arriving later this year, is no exception. On Wednesday, Mojang Studios began testing the new music.
The headlining addition in this release, however, is the arrival of brand-new music for The Wild Update. The Wild Update is arriving later this year for one of the best Xbox games with a huge amount of new content, including new biomes, mobs, and gameplay mechanics. Now, players can hear the music that will accompany these changes for the first time.
In case you missed it, Mojang Studios recently released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.30 to all players with dozens of fixes and improvements.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 / Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 includes:
Features & bug fixes
- Added new music for The Wild Update
- Frogs now use all hurt sounds
- Froglights now have the correct breaking sound
- Soul Lanterns no longer generate on air blocks in Ancient Cities
- The City Center structure now forms a complete rectangle of Reinforced Deepslate
- Added Echo Shards to the Ancient City loot chests
- Updated Ancient City structures to match Java
- Warden now has a Sonic Boom attack that deals ranged damage and knockback to the target it strikes
- Warden no longer "sniffs" while it has a target
- Prevent the Warden from digging down if it sniffs a target
- Warden can now be pushed by other mobs
- Warden now gets angry at all mobs that bump into it
- Fixed a crash when swapping between game modes when attacking the Warden
- Warden now gives correct amount of XP
- Allay interact tooltip now says "Give item to Allay"
- Wither can't destroy Reinforced Deepslate anymore
- Ender Dragon can't destroy Reinforced Deepslate anymore
- Reinforced Deepslate has been moved to the Nature tab in Creative Inventory
Mud brick block
- Mud Brick Stairs / Slabs / Walls are now grouped properly
- Fixed game crash when using the Material Reducer (Education Edition feature)
- Fixed Light Blocks being destroyable from within while underwater
- Fixed issue with experience gained when taking item from incorrect slot while using Furnace
- Allow Mangrove Roots and Propagules to be compostable
- Allow most plants and saplings to be placeable on Mud and Muddy Mangrove Roots. This includes all Flowers, Saplings, Bamboo, Sugar Canes, Big Dripleaf, and Sweet Berry Bushes
- Allow Mangrove Roots to generate through Snow Layers
- Tadpoles can now be tempted with Slimeballs
Touch control settings
- Static Joystick toggle no longer gets disabled upon Move Joystick toggles getting disabled
- Updated Boat and Chest Boat item icon textures to make them consistent with Java Edition
- Illagers are now allowed to migrate to other villages and progress raids
- Fixed an issue that caused weights to not be used for Music
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Updated the GameTest Framework interface to add read-only scoreboard support
scoreboard : Scoreboard— Access world's scoreboard
scoreboard : ScoreboardIdentity— Access the entities scoreboard identity
Scoreboard— Object representing the scoreboard data
getObjective(objectiveId : String) : ScoreboardObjective— Method to get a specific objective (by
getObjectives : ScoreboardObjective— Method to get all objectives
getParticipants : ScoreboardIdentity— Method to get all scoreboard identities
ScoreboardObjective— Object representing a scoreboard objective
id : String— (read-only) scoreboard identifier
displayName : String— (read-only) scoreboard display name
getParticipants : ScoreboardIdentity— Method to get all objective participant identities
getScores : ScoreboardScoreInfo— Method to get the score info for all participants
getScore(participant : ScoreboardIdentity) : Int— Method to get the score value of a participant
ScoreboardIdentity— Object representing a scoreboard participant
type : ScoreboardIdentityType— (read-only) enum representing the type of identity
id : Int— (read-only) Unique identifier for the identity
displayName : String— (read-only) display name for the identity
getEntity : ScriptActor— get the ScriptActor handle associated with the identity
ScoreboardIdentityType— Enum representing identity types
Entity— An entity
FakePlayer— A fake identity
Player— A player
ScoreboardScoreInfo— Score-Identity pair for an objective
participant : ScoreboardIdentity— (read-only) The participant
score : Int— (read-only) The score
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. The Wild Update is coming later this year for free, and it'll feature sweet new music that's being tested now.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. Minecraft, and all of its wonderful music, is included in various tiers of Xbox Game Pass.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.