What you need to know
- The Wild Update is arriving later in 2022 with a myriad of new features and improvements for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
- Ahead of release, Mojang Studios is periodically testing these upcoming changes with players through betas, previews, and snapshots.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 and Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 are now rolling out with a huge collection of changes.
- The addition of an experimental Spectator Mode, a new music disc, tons of The Wild Update focused tweaks, and more are included.
Minecraft is slated to gain a plethora of new content later this year, but the update hasn't arrived yet. Mojang Studios is still developing the feature-packed release, and the Minecraft community is involved every step of the way. On Thursday, the studio released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 to interested players, and the changelog is impressively long.
The new beta, which is also available for Minecraft Preview, continues progress on The Wild Update, which is expected to release at some point in 2022. The content update will include new biomes, mobs, features, and much more for players to enjoy.
Highlights of the beta / Preview duo include a new music disc to accompany the music included in the last beta, and a myriad of tweaks and refinements for various other The Wild Update features like the Warden, sculk, frogs, and more. In case you missed it, Mojang Studios also recently released a new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition patch update to all players.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 / Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 includes:
Features & bug fixes
Spectator Mode (Experimental)
- Introducing Spectator Mode experimental toggle
- Players can now try out early development versions of Spectator Mode by enabling the experimental toggle
- Just as a reminder, we won't be accepting bug reports related to spectator mode until we let you know, as the feature is likely to change a lot during development
- Mobs no longer flee from players in Spectator Mode
- Spectator Mode will no longer trigger Tripwire traps
Music Disc 5
- Added Disc Fragment 5 and Music Disc 5
- Unlike other discs, it can only be obtained by finding and crafting 9 Disc Fragments together
- These Disc Fragments can be found rarely in Ancient City Chests
- Some changes have been made to the Warden's ranged attack:
- When using their ranged attack, the vertical knockback now respects directionality
- It will now bypass Shields and armor, and has a custom death message
- It deals 10 damage instead of 30 damage, and the cooldown has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds
- Wardens now drop a single Sculk Catalyst upon death
- Warden now increases anger (10 for non-frequent projectiles and 35 for frequent projectiles) when being distracted by projectiles
- Warden now reacts to non-arrow type projectiles
- Warden can now correctly be distracted by non-arrow projectiles
- Warden now gets angry at all mobs that bump into it
- Sculk Catalysts and Shriekers have the same blast resistance as on Java
- Restored some Sculk-related sounds that were mistakenly removed
- The Sculk Shrieker's shrieking sound is now categorized properly as a block sound
- The Sculk Sensor's activation and deactivation sounds are now categorized properly as block sounds
- Sculk Sensor can now properly detect a Player using a Fishing Rod
- The Sculk Shrieker no longer exhibits z-fighting on any faces when held in hand or placed in Item Frames
- Piston will not be able to push Sculk Shrieker, Sculk Sensor and Sculk Catalyst
- Cracking animation no longer appears around tendrils while mining Sculk Sensor
- Mangrove Propagule can no longer be fertilized indefinitely
- Mangrove trees no longer grow if the area above them is obstructed
mangrove_propaguleblock and used a hanging block state instead
- Mangrove wood / log types now properly prevent leaf decay
- Brought Mangrove tree foliage into parity with Java Edition
- Fixed an issue where Mangrove trees were generating without logs in the branches
- Fixed a bug that caused most of the Mangrove Wood blocks to be unaffected by fire
- Non-Mangrove Saplings can now grow into full trees when bone-mealed on Mud
- Mangrove leaves now drop leaf blocks when harvested by Shears
- Campfires and Smokers can now be crafted out of all variants of Mangrove Wood
- It is now possible to take a stackable item from the Allay and add it to an existing stack
- Allay now has a new throw sound
- Frogs no longer have trouble pathfinding on Mud Blocks. To fix this, until a proper pathfinding-fix has been implemented, Mud Blocks will longer sink entities down into them slightly
- Fixed a bug where the Frog's mouth Z-fights with their head when eating Slimes or Magma Cubes
- Froglight is now correctly dropped when destroyed by any tool
- Froglight blocks now have the correct map colors
- Froglight blocks now have the correct breaking time
- Frogspawn now gets broken by flowing water
- Mobs can no longer spawn on Buttons again
- Amethyst clusters can no longer be placed on top of Sculk Shriekers and other blocks with no top support, and can now be placed on blocks with bottom support, as intended
- Fixed a bug where an undamaged tool, such as Pickaxe, when name changed on an Anvil, would fail to work correctly when used for the first time
- The recipes for Minecart with Chest / Hopper / TNT are now shapeless
- Fixed an issue where taking large fatal damage with the absorption effect on could cause a soft lock
- Shulkers are now fire immune
- Shulkers now remain in upright position in vehicles
- Shulkers no longer fail to spawn when there's another Shulker at relative negative Y and X-axis
- The player can now slide from movement directions to jump and not get interrupted when jump and sneak are swapped on the 'Classic' touch controls
- Fixed sun direction not updating in RTX worlds
- Trader Llamas can now breed after being fed Hay Bales
- Trader Llamas will no longer be persistent after being unleashed from the Wandering Trader
Stability & performance
- Fixed a crash which could occur when trading with a Villager that last traded with a disconnected player
- Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur in Villages on iOS
- Fixed bug where items can be dropped by clicking in the dark gray area of the left side of player inventory when using Furnace, Blast Furnace, Smoker, Enchant Table, Grindstone, Brewing Stand, Anvil, Beacon, and Smithing Table
- Featured Servers message text is no longer centered
- Added the
replace entityoverload to the
- Content errors for data driven blocks improved to log resource pack, file, and block identifier
- Limit length of the
BlockGeometryComponentto 256 characters
- Device recovery on Xbox will now reinitialize with the same values used on initial creation
- Avoid clearing temp Molang variables during hand rendering
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Added function
setRotation(degreesX: number, degreesY: number)— Sets the rotation of the
- Added read-only property
rotation: XYRotation— Gets the rotation of the
- Removed property
bodyRotation— Note: Use
- Added function
- Added event
buttonPushEvent— fires when a button is pushed
- Added event
- Renamed class
- Renamed property
- Renamed property
- Renamed class
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta includes plenty of changes that will eventually come to all Minecraft players.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Preview are included in Xbox Game Pass, making it easy to play and test.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.