What you need to know
- Minecraft: Java Edition is about to receive the 1.18.2 patch update with plenty of fixes and improvements across the board.
- Ahead of release, Mojang Studios has been finalizing polish with pre-release snapshots for players to test.
- On Monday. Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18.2 Pre-Release 2 was released to interested players with a handful of additional fixes.
The next Minecraft: Java Edition update will fall under the 1.18.2 version number, and will be a patch update filled with numerous changes focused on polish and stability, quality-of-life improvements and tweaks, and more. The update is near completion and is almost ready to be released to Minecraft players everywhere, but Mojang Studios is testing last-minute fixes through special pre-release snapshots.
On Monday, the studio began rolling out Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18.2 Pre-Release 2, which follows the first pre-release snapshot dropped a few days before. The new snapshot is understandably minor overall, and only features a handful of additional fixes over what's already included in the greater 1.18.2 patch update. We may see a few more tweaks ahead of release, but the 1.18.2 patch update should be right around the corner for Minecraft players.
Of course, 1.18.2 is still built on the already-released Caves and Cliffs Update. If you're more interested in what's to come in The Wild Update, Mojang Studios recently released the first experimental snapshot showcasing upcoming features like the Deep Dark biome, Warden mob, and more.
Minecraft has long been one of the best PC games ever, thanks in no small part to Mojang Studios' continued dedication to improving its creation over time with patches, content updates, and everything in between.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.18.2 Pre-Release 2 includes:
densityfunction: general-purpose building block that allows you to express almost any function using a cubic spline
- Unable to put focus on "Copyright Mojang AB. Do not distribute" using Tab key
- Strongholds can generate in The Void biome
- Superflat worlds cannot be created without using presets
- An empty generator-settings string crashes the server when starting up
- Fortress mobs can spawn outside of fortresses
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.