Minecraft: Java Edition 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Pre-Release 5 is here with a few more bug fixes
A spoonful of fixes helps the update get released.
What you need to know
- The 'Caves and Cliffs Update' for Minecraft releases in a few days on June 8, 2021.
- Mojang Studios is working on last-minute fixes and polishes with near-daily Pre-Release snapshots and betas.
- Minecraft: Java Edition 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Pre-Release 5 is out now with a handful of additional bug fixes.
- Unlike the new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta released today, there are no new features in this Pre-Release.
It shouldn't come as a surprise at this point, but Mojang Studios is releasing another Pre-Release snapshot for Minecraft's Caves and Cliffs Update Part One, which officially launches on June 8 in a few days. Minecraft: Java Edition Caves and Cliffs Update Pre-Release 5 is now here, continuing the trend of near-daily releases from Mojang Studios as they make sure Part One of the next major update for Minecraft is as smooth and stable as possible.
Unlike the recently released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168, which added potted azalea to the game, this Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot doesn't add any new features at all. Instead, it includes a small handful of additional bug fixes to make the game a little bit more polished.
We're mere days away from Part One of the Caves and Cliffs Update, so celebrate by finding something new from our list of best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts, which has something for any Minecraft fan.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition Caves and Cliffs Update Pre-Release 5 includes:
Caves and Cliffs Update preview
- Download the new datapack
- Caves and Cliffs Datapacks Server Error
- Cannot Invoke
- Datafixer doesn't properly update certain scoreboard objectives from 1.16 to 1.17
- Breaking bamboo is excessively laggy since the 1.17 pre-releases
- Player head SkullOwner tag with username string no longer works
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.