What you need to know
- The 'Caves and Cliffs Update' for Minecraft releases in a few days on June 8, 2021.
- Mojang Studios is working on last-minute fixes and polishes with near-daily Pre-Release snapshots and betas.
- Minecraft: Java Edition 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Pre-Release 5 is out now with a handful of additional bug fixes.
- Unlike the new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta released today, there are no new features in this Pre-Release.
It shouldn't come as a surprise at this point, but Mojang Studios is releasing another Pre-Release snapshot for Minecraft's Caves and Cliffs Update Part One, which officially launches on June 8 in a few days. Minecraft: Java Edition Caves and Cliffs Update Pre-Release 5 is now here, continuing the trend of near-daily releases from Mojang Studios as they make sure Part One of the next major update for Minecraft is as smooth and stable as possible.
Unlike the recently released Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52, which added potted azalea to the game, this Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot doesn't add any new features at all. Instead, it includes a small handful of additional bug fixes to make the game a little bit more polished.
We're mere days away from Part One of the Caves and Cliffs Update, so celebrate by finding something new from our list of best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts, which has something for any Minecraft fan.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition Caves and Cliffs Update Pre-Release 5 includes:
Caves and Cliffs Update preview
- Download the new datapack
- Caves and Cliffs Datapacks Server Error
- Cannot Invoke
- Datafixer doesn't properly update certain scoreboard objectives from 1.16 to 1.17
- Breaking bamboo is excessively laggy since the 1.17 pre-releases
- Player head SkullOwner tag with username string no longer works