Don't wish to play as Steve? Change up the game by loading in your own skin, choose from the catalogue of free skins or purchase a pack for 99c each. Microsoft has also added boats, fishing, more languages, map configurations, new mobs, items, easy switching between creative and survival, and much more.
Here's a list of highlights from the store listing:
- Multiple language support
- Boats with space for two! Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
- You can also throw stuff from the boats, like snowballs and eggs
- Spider jockeys
- Cave Spiders
- Adorable baby zombies
- Weird chicken jockeys
- Clownfishes are now edible
- A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game mode and do other things
- Creative players can no longer be set on fire phew
- We've stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water
- Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err
- Drinking milk now removes mob effects
- Ridiculous amounts of bug fixes
- Loads more cool things that you should discover for yourself
While the team urge you to play through and find everything else out for yourselves, there is a full log of changes over on the Minecraft Pocket Edition Wiki.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.