Mojang holds developer Q&A for the Minecraft 'Caves and Cliffs Update'
Get hyped about the Caves and Cliffs Update for Minecraft.
What you need to know
- Minecraft announced its next major update, the 'Caves and Cliffs Update' back at Minecraft Live.
- The update is truly massive, and will add a ton of features and content to Minecraft sometime next year.
- In a new video, Mojang Studios held a developer Q&A so that team members could answer community questions.
- Not a ton of new information is revealed in the video, but it's still a fun watch if you're looking forward to the update.
Minecraft is a great game for many reasons, but one of the biggest is how it constantly improves over time with new updates. The next major update coming to Minecraft, announced earlier this year at Minecraft Live, is the Caves and Cliffs Update, which is set to come out in Summer 2021. We already have a lot of information about the update, but there's of course a lot more to learn before the update releases sometime next year. In a new developer Q&A from Mojang Studios, the team tries to answer some questions from the community about the upcoming release.
While there's not a ton of flat-out new information in the Q&A, as the team can't commit to big changes or additions this early on in development, we do get some more details and behind-the-scenes looks at a lot of things, as well as some clarification for why certain features are the way they are (usually in the name of being unique). If you're looking forward to the Caves and Cliffs Update, it's a great video to watch, and you're bound to learn a few little tid bits about your favorite feature coming in the future update.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
- Minecraft Nether Update: Everything New
- Minecraft Xbox Series X: What To Expect
- Minecraft Education Edition: Ultimate Guide
- How to survive your first night in Minecraft
- How to keep your child safe online in Minecraft
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.